Definite Mad Cow Risk From Vaccines

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by little mom, Jan 5, 2004.

1. little mom

little mom Active Member

Definite Mad Cow Risk
    From Vaccines
    Informed Choice Magazine
    1-5-4

"We have a duty...to protect the vaccine system in this country." - FDA Committee

Eating meat from infected cows is not the only, or even the most likely way of contracting the human form of Mad Cow Disease (vCJD). It has been known for some time that an even greater risk to humans is posed by the injection of vaccines containing brain and nerve tissue derived from infected cattle - products which are contained in many childhood and adult vaccines.

Despite the fact that alternatives are available, bovine material which may be contaiminated with the prions known to cause BSE in cattle and vCJD in humans, continues to be used in the production of vaccines administered to American children and adults every day.

This risk has been accepted since the late 1980's. In February 1988, The Southwood committee, charged by the British government with investigating the potential for transmission of Mad Cow disease from cows to humans issued a report stating that. "The greatest risk ... would be from parenteral injection of material derived from bovine brain or lymphoid tissue. Medicinal products for injection which are prepared from bovine tissues... might also be capable of transmitting infectious agents."

Many drug companies have claimed that this material was safe because it was sourced from American herds which were free of BSE (though it is known that many vaccine seed-stocks and gelatines actually come from British herds and were sourced in the mid-1980's - the time of greatest risk). We now know that this is not the case and millions of American children and adults may have been placed at risk of death, not only from eating infected meat products, but from the very vaccines which were meant to keep them healthy.

An FDA Committee which met to discuss the issue of potential risk of BSE from vaccines actually talked about revealing the risks to parents and decided that, "We have a duty...to protect the vaccine system in this country."

Read the report: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/00/transcripts/3635t1c.pdf

"With an incubation period before symptoms emerge of between 20 and 40 years and a prognosis of almost certain death from prolonged and terrible neurological symptoms, it is essential that we err on the side of caution," states Meryl Dorey, editor of the Australian health magazine, Informed Choice. "Many of the most commonly prescribed medications in use today (such as insulins and many hormone-based drugs) and almost all injected and oral vaccines contain bovine products which have the potential to spread this deadly disease to our children. Parents need to be made aware of this risk and pharmaceutical companies must immediately withdraw all products which contain this material. The FDA does not have a duty to 'protect the vaccine system' as stated above. Rather, they have a sacred duty of care to protect the citizens of this land and to ensure that the drugs and vaccines which they use are as safe and pure as possible."

http://www.avn.org.au/

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Keeping this in perspective, of a woldwide population of some six billion people, to my knowledge, there has not been a single documented case of vCJD relatable to a vaccine. Britian does have a case where someone who received a blood transfusion from someone who died of vCJD later come down with vCJD; however, both ate beef at the during the same time period so mere coincidence cannot be ruled out.

Normally vaccines are time-sensitive with a fairly short shelf-life. Thus, any made from cattle infected with MCD are extremely likely to already be out of the system.

Scream all you want about cover-ups, I'll go with the known facts.

Ken S. in WC TN

3. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

little mom, perhaps it would be better if you just made your agenda a bit more clear. This is the second thread that I know of that you initiated that is focused on hysterical misinformation. Could you please back some of this information up with mainstream facts and statistics. I favor the odds of vaccinations, by your reasoning, someone who has been vaccinated stands about the same chance of getting vCJD as they would being hit by lightning twice and winning the lottery twice.

4. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

By the way, I'm probably going to get Alzheimers later in my life as both my mother and oldest sister died with it. Next oldest sister was already showing some early signs of it when she died of a stoke. Given the choice between vCJD and Alzheimers, I'll take vCJD flat out. It is much quicker and apparently without any physical pain involved.

Ken S. in WC TN

5. henk

henk Well-Known Member

Hi Little Mom,

"It seems to me that the highest risk
    that's been presented today is about one child or one
    dose in 40 billion being infectious. If that's true,
    and the U.S. birth cohort is about 4 million, and each
    child gets ten injections of this stuff, it would take
    about 1,000 years at that point to have one child get
    an infected dose."
    http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac...pts/3635t1c.pdf page 208 lines lines 15 to 21

Looking at the books the Informed Choice Magazine publisher sells, they seem to be some form of an anti vaccination lobby? Didnt you post somewhere about manipulation of the public by 'the media' and awareness?

I would be more concerned about the animal waste they used and use in food products.

Henk

6. Explorer

Explorer Well-Known Member Supporter

You assume she reads and understands the material in her posts!

7. henk

henk Well-Known Member

No not really :) However the article gives a plauseble, close to scientific, view on a 'hot topic' (bse/food and medicine safety). Its important to me that readers understand the article posted doesnt represent an absolute truth (or even a scientific truth). Vaccination is one of the most impotant tools we have to protect us (and our childern!) against some nasty diseases.

Henk

8. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to look it up, but how many kids used to die from diptheria, polio, measles, etc? I know my great-great-grandmother lost three out of five kids to diptheria.....

I had a friend in her early 30's who spent two weeks in the hospital and almost died from chicken pox. She was lucky to have survived. I know of another young mother who did die and leave her children motherless due to chicken pox.

I'll take the risk of the shots.

Jena

9. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:confused: You know what really scares me when I read a post like this? This person is probably a voter!!!!! :eek: LQ

10. Darren

Darren Still an :censored:

I didn't get excited about this but after reading it and recalling a young vegetarian died from vCJD in England at the height of the mad cow panic with no explanation of how she had been exposed, I have to wonder.

11. wr

Even if we follow that thinking, we can come up with one vegetarian that may or may not have contracted the disease from vaccinations. That's just a conclusion that someone has drawn based on groundless and unsubstantiated information on the internet. Let's consider cold hard facts, how many people have died from the conditions that vaccinations were intended to protect us from? I'm way too lazy to bother doing any research on that but I do know it's far more than one and that's based on fact. I would also suggest that if someone wants to get into panic based decisions, we should basketball courts :eek: Do you know that one wall of an outside basketball court collapsed and 3 children were killed. I think we'd best start a new thread seeking a total ban on them, why stop there, lets outlaw all recreational areas that children play in, they get hurt on occasion. little mom posted a tread on how the media fuels panic and sets the stage for public panic and then posts a thread like this. Perhaps she wasn't following her own advice.

12. "Even if we follow that thinking, we can come up with one vegetarian that may or may not have contracted the disease from vaccinations." True! The key point is that there's still much to be discovered about BSE type diseases. One fact is that the risk to any one individual is minute.

But ... I won't be satisfied until the feds prove to the general population that they have pursued every option to locate the original source of contagion.

13. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Tell Me, Darren:

Just why do you think the Feds have any duty to prove anything to you? You are an adult, you can read, you can make your own decisions.

To insist that the Feds prove anything to you presumes that (1) the Feds owe you something. (2) that the Feds are interested in proving anything to you and (3) that is is POSSIBLE to prove that eating meat is safe, or that vaccines are safe.

I agree that a taxpayer-supported organization owes the citizens something, but my thinking and yours might not coincide on what that something is.

I believe that the FDA SHOULD weigh the benefits of stopping production of all bovine-origin biologicals against the deaths that would result from not having those products. We uses risk assessment now; everyone knows that vaccines have a tragic outcome once or twice a season. Health statisticians also know that without those vaccines we would have great numbers of tragic outcomes.

Except for a few dummies the general public knows this too. That is why we all make our own decisions, and some people forego vaccinations rather than take the miniscule risks involved. That is their right; the parent who loses a child to the one-in-a-million bad outcome from vaccination would wish that he too had refused to have his child vaccinated.
    Ox

14. flutemandolin

flutemandolin mark an eight, dude!

Actually, the death rates from infectious diseases in the US and elsewhere declined significantly BEFORE the widespread use of vaccines. This was due to improvements in sanitation (sewer and water systems) and better sanitary procedures in hospitals.

http://www.healthsentinel.com/Vaccines//

Oh, almost forgot. Better add this disclaimer:

Does anything ever represent an absolute truth? What is a scientific truth?

Back to the original topic, the risk from contracting vCJD from vaccines is probably minuscule. And it would be next to impossible to prove if a vaccine actually did cause it, just as it is nearly impossible to prove a single cause of any of numerous chronic health conditions. Science isn't that powerful yet.

15. Ox, The point is that until the USDA pursues the same efforts that ocurred in other countries where mad cow was found and prove that there is no more mad cow to be found, the ban on US beef isn't going to be lifted. That is what they have to prove and to whom they have to prove it.

16. I would like to respectfully suggest that those of you who think vaccines are safe do an internet search on the subject.

Polio left the scene in countries that were NOT using widespread vaccinations at the same time it went out in the USA; but of course here it was touted as proof of the effectiveness of vaccines.

There are numerous documented cases of vaccines causing: autism, SIDS, blindness, deafness, paralysis, etc, etc. At the very minimum many children spike very high temperatures after receiving vaccines from illnesses that either are irradicated, or should be common childhood illnessess (and thus not to be feared). It is not difficult to find any of this information.

Think about the Measles, Chicken pox, or the Mumps. If a child gets them, just put them in bed for a couple of weeks; they get over them, and are now naturally immune. However, the vaccine can cause serious permanent side effects. These three vaccines exist because a pregnant woman exposed to someone who is contagious with these illnesses, could have damage done to the developing baby. When a woman is pregnant she generally avoids exposure to sick people anyway. AND, read the warning labels on the vaccines, they tell you to avoid immunosuppressed individuals for several weeks after receiving the vaccine, why? you could expose them to it because of the vaccine! It is a lot easier to avoid infecting others when you are at home in bed, than when you are galavanting around feeling fine.

Do the research, you'll find out the truth about vaccines.

From a retired Registered Nurse

17. wr

unregistered, of course there are potential side effects from vaccinations for some people but this thread was not about vaccination vs non vaccination. The thread was intended terrify people into believing that they will contract vCJD.If you can point us in a direction that actually proves such a statement, I'll reverse my opinion. Till then, remain firm on the fact that I have seen no confirmed documented cases that trace cCJD back to vaccinations.

18. henk

henk Well-Known Member

Hi retired Registered Nurse,

Your post was interesting to read. And i agree on some aspects. People should use commen sense and read labels of medication (and vaccins). however i disagree on the "There are numerous documented cases of vaccines causing: autism, SIDS, blindness, deafness, paralysis, etc, etc." if i compare them with a large dutch scientific survey:

"According to the Committee, it is therefore conceivable that a relationship exists between vaccinations performed under the RVP and the occurrence of (severe) morbidity in a total of 52 of the 142 reports selected, which were assembled over a period of five years. One child ultimately died of the underlying disease, and in four children serious residual neurological effects were noted. In the remaining reports, the Committee has found no evidence to suggest serious residual effects.

The Committee regrets these tragic events, which in some cases had extremely far-reaching and traumatic consequences for the individuals involved. However, it also emphasises that the number of cases in which there is at least a possible causal relation between vaccination and morbidity is relatively low and certainly does not outweigh the benefits of the RVP initiative ? i.e. the large-scale prevention of serious disease and complications. Over the past five years, more than ten million vaccinations have protected an estimated two million children against serious childhood diseases."
    (http://www.gr.nl/adviezen.php?ID=604)

But ofcourse there are other opinions:
    "Dr. Coulter and Dr. Fisher have thoroughly and accurately researched and documented the risks of the Triple Antigen vaccine. They list fourteen significant short term side effects of the DPT vaccine, which can also apply to other vaccines too:

1. Skin reactions
    2. Fever
    3. Vomiting and diarrhoea
    4. Cough, runny nose, ear infection
    5. High pitched screaming, persistent crying
    6. Collapse or shock-like episodes
    7. Excessive sleepiness
    8. Seizure disorders - convulsions, Epilepsy
    9. Infantile spasms
    10. Loss of muscle control
    11. Inflammation of the brain
    12. Blood disorders - Thrombocytopenia, Hemolytic Anaemia
    13. Diabetes and Hypoglycaemia
    14. Death and Sudden Death Syndrome (SIDS)

In addition to these short-term side effects, Coulter and Fisher list three major areas of possible long term damage, including:

1. severe neurological damage
    2. brain damage, learning disabilities, and hyperactivity
    3. allergy and hypersensitivity

Possibly the most disturbing aspect of their book is the number of reported case histories where doctors administering vaccines completely ignored patients' previous reactions to vaccination, in some cases resulting in death. This further reinforces that ultimately the parents are responsible for their children's health; ignorance is not inductive to good parenting."
    http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/articles-261.html

The problem is a bit who to trust ;) the first article is the result of scientific research by two Dutch (semi) government agencies the second is part of the content of The World Wide Health Center Store and taken from a semi scientific book (Shot in the Dark, by Coulter and Fisher) writen by the co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center (Barbara Loe Fisher). As you know, the National Vaccine Information Center is a national, non-profit educational organization founded in 1982 by parents of vaccine injured children. http://www.909shot.com/Default.htm

Ofcourse this doenst bring us much closer to an aswer if and when vaccination is usfull and or safe.

regards, Henk

19. [

20. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

this RN also will not vaccinate... my childrens doc did not vaccinate his children either...

Death is listed under short term side effects? :no: