Deer I saw today.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by AngieM2, Oct 7, 2006.

1. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I saw about 35 deer this evening. Most I've ever seen and they did not run from the car going slowly by... here's some of them

2. AngieM2

The photos are three different areas within about a mile circle.

Angie

3. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Thats 35 more than I saw LOL I went hunting and sat in the rain and didnt see a thing except a nice light show from a thundertorm about 20 miles away

4. AngieM2

I thought of all you hunters when I saw these today. I've never seen so many deer at any one time. And my life time sightings tripled today.

Angie

5. Tater'sPa

Tater'sPa Well-Known Member

Tater'sPa, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home
    :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

6. AngieM2

You should be able to see the photos, cause I uploaded them via the same method as in Plant and ID, and at least one other has seen them...

Hmmmmmm.

Angie

7. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

I see the photos, and thanks for showing those, Angie

It's amazing how many deer are around. Up here, it's the most I've ever seen in 20 years. When we had several bad winters in a year, you could'nt spot a deer for a long time, but the seasons for the last decade have been so favorable that their population has come back by leaps and bounds. The other day I saw 12 deer in a 5 acre pasture along with the cows in there. On a short trip at night one can see litterally hundreds along the side of the road.
    I hope only ONE good deer is close enough to my rifle when it's legal harvest season. That's often another story. :rolleyes:

8. Tater'sPa

Tater'sPa Well-Known Member

Attached Images lots of
    deer.jpg (63.2 KB, 0 views)
    deer today.jpg (92.5 KB, 0 views)
    more deer.jpg (43.6 KB, 0 views)

They are attached images...I have this problem with any attachment on this board. All I get when I click on them is the vBulletin message.
    Oh well... I can imagine what the pics are like...lol

9. bargarguy

bargarguy Well-Known Member

Angie
    It is nice to see all those deer, lets ya know that there is a healthy herd around. We have what we call "the loop" at our place, it is aprox 10 miles around. We really enjoy driving around it near dusk and we have made a game out of counting deer.
    This game has a few rules, the exact same loop must be driven to be legit towards any potential "record". An occaisonal alternate road is driven but that auotmatically negates any official numbers.
    A spotting must be "verified" by another person in the vehicle, our record is 97 I believe. It has become a way for our family to spend some time together doing what we enjoy, crusing the back roads taking in all the beauty of harrison county Ohio while counting the deer. We do it so often I even thought of offering our tallies to the state for herd population status. Over the years we can tell when the deer are plentiful and when there is a down year.

10. AngieM2

These deer are in the area of Prospect TN, a favorite drive - wish I lived there- place of mine. I like the sound of your spotting game.

Angie

11. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Around here in the mid 80's it was not unusual to see over 100 deer in an hour, and sometimes as many as 30-40 in one field. Thats when the 2 biggest crops were corn and soybeans. Then along came cotton. Now its rare to see more than 10 in any one field even though the deer population is higher now. Hopefully the demand for ethanol will bring back more corn farmers. The only downside is my feed bills will be higher LOL

12. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

It's been a good deer year here, too. Dodging them all over the roads. Several small herds of about 5 or 6 can be spotted pretty regularly in certain yards/fields out here. This guy I've seen a couple of times this summer, crossing the road in a pretty heaviliy populated area in order to get to the lake for a drink.

[​IMG]

13. jross

jross swamper

They won't let me post attachments. :(

14. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

We have a 10 or 12 point buck that my husband has been trying to get for about 5 years now. Last night, the night my hubby had to work late, he was right down by our pond. He's so frustrated! lOL