Deer heads?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by feycat, Nov 15, 2004.

1. feycat

feycat Well-Known Member

AS I was coming home from a Dr.s appt. i was looking out the window at the beautiful houses, fields and farms. It's always a pretty drive home and relaxing after getting poked and prodded and needled and such. Well one afternoon, I spied a deer on the side of the road. Now this is a normal thing to see here, the not so normal thing was it was staring at me. THe really ABNORMAL thing was that it was only the head. *grins* AT first I was horrified,

"OMG< somebody's ripping the heads offa poor little BAmbi!!!"

THen i realized, that someone actually applied the adage, "waste not, WAnt not."

WHat I figured was someone hit a dear and just took the body home for supper. A good idea i say if you can bleed it and clean it quick enough.

I was just sorta... Shocked to see just a HEAD on the side of the road.

THAt or the mob has changed tactics and moved to North Carolina (Godfather!)

Happy fall everyone!

2. That's strange! Around here it is the other way around. You usually find the body but the head is missing.

3. bare

bare Head Muderator

Yaknow yer gettin long in the tooth when you start repeating your tales. Fortunately, we have search for old posts here, so I dug up this one from last year.

A few years ago a simpleminded resident took pity on the deer and decided to feed them hay. Problem was, they live 1 mile south of the Canadian port here...heavy truck traffic. The carnage continued to pile up in the snowberms along side the road, until some of us under the influence of winter blues and too much beer went out and raised the dead.

Deer, contorted in every possible pose, standing and greeting all passing north. Was pretty gruesome but no one bothered to take them down until spring.

4. feycat

feycat Well-Known Member

^^
    *Is REALLY not laughing hysterically at this*

*ROFL*