December Seed and Plant Exchange

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by tallpines, Dec 1, 2004.

1. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

Remember to copy and paste any of your posts from the previous month's exchange if they are still in effect.

2. bettie

bettie Member

I have morning glory mix and sweet autumn clematis seeds.

3. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I would like to trade for some sweet autumn clematis. Are you looking for anything in particular?

4. bettie

bettie Member

What do you have to trade? I also have a few moon flower seed.

5. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

Hi Bettie, I have LOTS of seeds. These are the ones I've saved from my garden: HERBS basil, garlic chives, oregano, parsley, winter savory VEGGIES cardoon, lolla rosa lettuce, red perilla, pink brandywine tomatos, Welsh (bunching) onions FLOWERS blue batchelor buttons, black cohosh (snakeroot), echinacea, goldenrod, lavender, liatris, love-lies-bleeding, milkweed, money plant (silver dollars), NE aster, obediant plant, peacock orchid, phlox, queen anne's lace, salvia, shasta daisy, siberian iris, spiderflower (cleome), strawflower, tickseed, coreopsis, yarrow MISC bittersweet, catalpa tree, poke. In addition, I have many, many more seeds that I have purchased, just ask if you are interested. I hope you see something you like, will PM also ;-) Bonnie

6. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I have quite the wish list. At the top would be black mustard and shepherd's purse, I've not been able to find them. I have a long list of things I plan to buy for next year, but I hesitate to post it because it is so long. I will trade for just about anything heirloom or unusual, especially tomatoes or dry/dual purpose beans.

7. bettie

bettie Member

Bonnie Lass,I like the echinachea seeds.Can we make a trade on the garlic chives and love-lies-bleeding?

8. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I have lots of all 3, no problem. PM with your address and I will send them off to you.

9. bettie

bettie Member

I have the ground cover Vinca Minor(Periwinkle,Trailing Myrtle) to trade.

10. evilbunny

evilbunny Well-Known Member

Bonnie Lass, I have some black mustard but very few, I could give you 25 seeds or so.

I also have corriander and dill.

What I would like, poblano peppers, would consider other varieties except jalapeno or green bell, red lettuce varieties. PM me if anyone is interested, I might consider most anything.

11. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

Evilbunny, love the name!! I would love to trade for black mustard. I have lollo rosa lettuce, which is rimmed with red. I have a few commercial pepper seeds, a chile mix (ancho, new mex and jalapeno) Thai chile peppers (red and orange) and a hot one called "great balls o' fire". I plan to order anaheim (chile), aurora (hot), fish (hot), and sheepnose (pimento). See anything you like? Will pm also. Bonnie

12. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Bonnie lass, do you know if the echinacea is Pallida, Purpurea, or Angustofolia? I was wondering, for medicinal use.

13. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

No, because I found it growing wild. I harvested the seeds and have some growing, about 3" tall. Would you be able to tell from a picture? Outside, the flowers are long gone, but the plants are still green, zone 6. Snowed yesterday, 53° today, go figure.

14. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

Evilbunny, I tried to pm with my address, but your mailbox is full.

15. southerngurl

Well, that rules out angustifolia.

Did they have more thin pale petals, or wider, purple petals?

I'll bet it's purpurea.

I probably couldn't tell from a picture without flowers, unless I did a little reading.

16. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I would say thin and pale. I have plenty of seed, would you like some? :)

17. evilbunny

evilbunny Well-Known Member

Sorry, seems my mailbox here gets full quickly

I deleted some finally so those who tried to reach me can try again.

18. southerngurl

I'm gonna do some reading and let you know if I would like some of the echinacea seeds. They sound like Pallida.. maybe.

I have some snow white tomato (yellow cherry type, big hit this year with everyone's tastebuds), maybe some wisconsin 55 tomato, and lots of bloody butcher corn seed to trade (dark red kernals, large stalks and ears, great cornbread). I have other stuff too, that's just what comes to mind. If there is something you would like, let me know and I will see if I have it.

19. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I was just organizing my seed packages and I came across an unopened package of lavender augustifolia dated 2002, if you are interested, plus plenty of the unidentified too. I would like to try corn as a windbreak in the new garden this year, how tall does this type get?

20. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I have a ton of black locust seed. Enough to plant prob a good mile of fence row. I gathered it from some trees that were growing in the colorado high mt desert, so they are tough! I don't expect to use any of it since I've moved to OK. If anyone cares for any or all of it, let me know.