death of a local boy

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by Christina R., Apr 23, 2005.

1. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

We received the news no one wants to hear, a very precious young man from a precious family lost his life in Iraq. The link to the local news story is

http://www.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?storyID=107235

Pray for his mom and dad, Ruth and Ken, and his sisters, Molly and Serenity. This is an incredible family whose hearts have always been to serve God by serving others. Thanks.

2. WolfBrother

WolfBrother Member

RIP Marine

The last two lines of the Hymn says it all:
    If the Army and the Navy Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
    They will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines.

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Amen, USMC 2391135

4. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

The funeral was yesterday. There were many things that made it very special, but one thing that happened occured when only a few people were watching. A close friend of ours, the Sergeant major who Marty came to when he wanted to sign up gave part of the eulogy. Later at the internment, this same special man collected the 21 shells and gave them to Marty's dad. I don't know if this was common practice or just the forsight of this special man, but I know it meant alot to Ken.

Another special thing not seen by many was when a young marine came up to the family and said, I've been wanting to meet you. I am the marine who accompanied your son home the whole way. That young man will probably never know what it meant to the family to meet who made that journey with Marty's body.

Although so many of us here hurt, I know we are all a lot more appreciative of the Marines.

Keep them in your prayers.