Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Told them several times I'm not giving them Easement through my property to theirs. They told us and Law that they was going to put their own drive in but they was putting up a fence. :shrug: Fine!

Well crew is here putting in the fence but they are leaving Easement coming through my property. Soon as I seen what was going on, told the Guys building it they might as well go to the corner because I'm going to block it off.

Went to the Law. They said well they made an agreement to put their own drive in. Don't do anything, soon as the Fence is up block off where they are driving in. That I'm legal.

Truth it is awful hard just setting here. :hair

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess since you already talked with the law SSS is out of the question.:grin: At least you will have a free fence.......
Yes they told me they was going to put up an Ugly Fence :confused: These people haven't seen ugly. Actually they are putting up a nice Privacy Fence.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
I'm not understanding this too well... I am taking they have an easement and are putting a fence along that?

Are thy on their property, or on an easement with the fence?

If they are on their property with the fence, are you saying they are walking off the property or easement temporarily to install the fence?

If they are installing the fence on the easement, are you sure tha's legal?

Sounding more and more to me like you need a lawyer.. and one that will write letters correcting situations..

You say you talked to the law? As in cops? Cops aren't much better than jail house lawyers when it comes to knowing the intricacies of the law... Don' trust a word they say.. GET A LAWYER...

If they are putting a fence up and it's not on their property, and you are allowing it, it could become hard or at least very expensive for you to reclaim your land or have them move the fence... Deal with this now.. not later.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are putting the Fence on the Line but leaving an opening coming off my property so they can have a drive coming through there.

Have a Lawyer which just laughed because she says it is stupid on their part. They are telling their Lawyer we are having them Land Locked which we are not, there is a road running all along their property.

The Law came talked with both us and they agreed to put their own drive in. Which they are not doing now.

The Fence is on their property but they are not going all the way down the Line so they can get in off our property.

big rockpile

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
Ah.. Ok.. well that's easy to solve.. Once they are done, put a fence on your property that closes off their part..
Just make sure it's a real ugly fence too!

Reactions: ne prairiemama

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Locate the largest boulder in the county; arrange for it's purchase
and then have them deliver it, the day AFTER the fence is finished.

Guess you'll have to decide 'exactly' where it needs to be placed to
provide the most aesthetically pleasing decorative spot on YOUR property . . .

I'm sure that eventually you'll figure it out though.
A rock that size can only fit in one spot to be "just right".

Ask the neighbors for their input......I'm sure they could help advise.

Pay particular attention to where they tell you NOT to put it.

Then you'll have your answer.

·
Administrator
19,426 Posts
Told them several times I'm not giving them Easement through my property to theirs. They told us and Law that they was going to put their own drive in but they was putting up a fence. :shrug: Fine!

Well crew is here putting in the fence but they are leaving Easement coming through my property. Soon as I seen what was going on, told the Guys building it they might as well go to the corner because I'm going to block it off.

Went to the Law. They said well they made an agreement to put their own drive in. Don't do anything, soon as the Fence is up block off where they are driving in. That I'm legal.

Truth it is awful hard just setting here. :hair

big rockpile
Have you actually spoken with the neighbors this time or does this information come from a third party?

I get the impression that they know the law as well as you do and they may just like irritating you or perhaps some third party likes to stir things up a bit.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Have you actually spoken with the neighbors this time or does this information come from a third party?

I get the impression that they know the law as well as you do and they may just like irritating you or perhaps some third party likes to stir things up a bit.
Refer to post #1 My understanding is he can see it happening in real time :hammer:

After reading these various posts I have concluded I missed the boat entirely !
Lot of others didn't read post #1 real slow . But this is why I would hate to know my fate would ever be in the hands of a jury :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
You do need to block that opening off, and right after the crew is done constructing it. Not next week, next month or sometime in the future. Do not let them drive or walk through that opening even one time.
Do not let it sit with that opening not completely blocked off.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

We called they telling them we was not letting them use our drive, that is when they said they was putting up the Fence. I was advised not to say a thing to them otherwise because the way I feel at this time the Jail time will not be good.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You do need to block that opening off, and right after the crew is done constructing it. Not next week, next month or sometime in the future. Do not let them drive or walk through that opening even one time.
Do not let it sit with that opening not completely blocked off.
They got post in today, haven't started on the Boards yet. I was wanting to go ahead and block the opening but was told to wait until the Contractors have left, so they can't say they was going to put the Fence there even though it is obvious they are not.

big rockpile

Reactions: bigjon and arcticow

·
Administrator
19,426 Posts
Refer to post #1 My understanding is he can see it happening in real time :hammer:

After reading these various posts I have concluded I missed the boat entirely !

Lot of others didn't read post #1 real slow . But this is why I would hate to know my fate would ever be in the hands of a jury :facepalm:

I read the post and my comprehension is pretty good but if you go back and read the various threads on this matter, most of the interaction with the neighbours has been through others and little has been with the neighbours.

Each time this matter has come up, members have suggested building a fence. If that suggestion had been taken to heart, the fence would have been built to big rockpile's specs and the easement matter would be resolved.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I read the post and my comprehension is pretty good but if you go back and read the various threads on this matter, most of the interaction with the neighbours has been through others and little has been with the neighbours.

Each time this matter has come up, members have suggested building a fence. If that suggestion had been taken to heart, the fence would have been built to big rockpile's specs and the easement matter would be resolved.
Sorry didn't relies your were watching past episodes of As The Big Rockpile Turns . This is a progressing show :sing:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts