Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rabbits are contracting bloat. I have tried everything that I have been advised. I have lost kits while still in the litter pen with their doe. I have lost entire litters after 8 weeks before weaning. I have had other litters be just fine and grow to producing adults with nothing done differently at the same time. I have had a doe raise a successful litter, lose a litter and then produce a successful litter bred to the same buck. It's very frustrating and heartbreaking. I don't raise rabbits to torture them like this. or myself for that matter.

·
Registered
296 Posts
sounds like cocidisise (bad spelling ) , but corid for cattle in the water can help , i just was reading in a ARBA facebook post of people useing a drug that starts with a T (wish i could remember the name ) that ended their bloat and loseing young litters problems . i can try to find it or maybe you can have better luck

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,460 Posts
What are you feeding the rabbits?

·
38,460 Posts
I think there is something the matter with the hay. It may be moldy or have a noxious weed in it.

·
38,460 Posts
Still can have something wrong with it.

·
38,460 Posts
I don’t feed my rabbits hay. They get pellets and fresh grass and greens from the garden.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts