DD wowed them at concert last night!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Jillis, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Last night the kids from the Competition team did all their award winning numbers, plus a couple of Holiday dances the teachers whipped up last minute. This performance was a fundraiser for the competition kids.

My dd did her four competition pieces, and was in the Finale as well. She was soooo tired...and when she did her solo, missed a couple of steps---lost the timing. I was squatting on the floor in front of the stage to take pictures. She caught my eye, I smiled and mouthed "Keep going!!!" This took miliseconds, not a single person but she, I and the teacher knew she had fumbled!

She sang---she is the only kid who sings when she dances---and her voice was the best it has been in a while. At the competition, she didn't have the vocal quality she usually has as she had just gotten over a very bad cold. And she still got a gold medal and a lot of compliments!

Last night, she rang out so powerfully and beautifully---people were commenting all over the auditorium---folks came up to her afterwards and complimented her---she gets shy and looks down and smiles and says "Thank you" quietly...She's just 10 yo...

I was very proud of her last night!

This is my sweetie in her solo costume:

[​IMG]

And in her group tap costume:

[​IMG]

And in her quartet:

[​IMG]

Just like to share (read: brag)...

2. countryheart

countryheart Well-Known Member

Cute pictures. Tell her congratulations. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

Countryheart

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Very beautiful young lady (you do have a baseball bat handy don't you for the suiters?)

And her solo dress.... I made an ice skating competition dress out of that fabric, and it looks like liquid silver under lights.

Angie

4. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Looks like they all had a good time.

Reminds me of niece in Dance.The kids were soooo cute.Also great for their poise and self confidence.When in high school the kids from Dance Studio who tried out for cheer leading all made it.

So,I think Dance is a good thing,was in our family.

Enjoy em!

LOL,one time they did a Halloween thing with a fog machine,it went nuts and filled the place pretty much,couldnt see the stage even,great fun!

BooBoo :gromit:

5. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

Love that smile. She's gorgeous.

6. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Ahh, she looks adorable.