Daybird's move

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Al. Countryboy, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Hi Daybird, Just saw where you were moving to St. Clair Co. Al. That's where I live. I live in Pell City which is about 30 miles east of Birmingham just off I-20. What town are you moving to? Glad to find that there are others with or interested in goats in my area.

2. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

We'll be about 15 miles from anywhere...

14 miles from I59 at 174 in Springville
    15 miles from I20 at 231 in PellCity
    15 miles from I59 at 231 in Ashville
    16 miles from I20 at 411 in Moody

We're moving to 3 acres on a hill behind the Friendship Baptist Church on 411 looking at the backside of Baldrock Mountain.

What kind of goats do you keep?
    Where in Pell City are you?

3. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I just read your profile and it says you keep nubians. Any possibility you might have anything to sell in the spring?

4. Al. Countryboy

Daybird, Glad to hear your moving my way. I know where 411 Hwy. is but not sure where Block Mountain is. I probably have been there after I look at the map . Yes, I probably will have babies for sale. My four girls are all due from the first part of Feb. to about the middle of Feb. Last year I had an all buck year. :( with the girls that I kept. As luck goes the two preg. girls that I sold had some girls. One had one doe kid and three buck kids. My nubians are from nice blood lines and hope to have some spotted kids in this bunch. Let me know when you get settled in. When you get time, come down and see my girls. Good luck with your move.

5. Al. Countryboy

Must still be sleeping. This has been a long weekend with all the family at our home for Christmas (all thirty). After looking at your post again, I saw that it is Baldrock Mountain. I know where this is and know people in that area. I know the area that is on Kelly Creek Rd. which is on the back side of Baldrock. Have climbed on that mountain up the tower that is on top of Baldrock. Great place for goats in that area.

6. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I, too, must have been sleeping. I've been informed it's not actually Baldrock Mountain that we'll be looking at. We can stand in our yard and see all the way from Kelly's Creek towards the West almost all the way to Ragland to the East. We'll be moving to the Odenville end of Shoal Creek valley, up on a hill overlooking Peaceful Valley Road.

How much does a good, bottlefed, spotted doeling Nubian sell for in Pell City? We're currently thinking we want 3 or 4 pygmys and one Nubian doe for milking.

7. Al. Countryboy

Hi Daybird, I know that area. At this point I will have to just wait and see what my girls bring. Sure hope I get a few spots on a few girls. One doe is spotted and the buck used on three of my does has a background of spots. I saw his first set of kids born about a month ago. One black buck with brown trim. One cream colored doe. One calaco doe (red, black, white, and liver color) that was born dead. The man's doe that had these kids had always had brown kids. Can't wait to see what colors I get. Each one of my older does are a different color.