·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can
yes! get the black walnuts
that'll keep you busy for a while
processing them I mean,
cleaning them up and getting them ready to dry.
I use a wire brush
enjoy!

or maybe take a nap since you have a fever and your body is fighting off a germ of sorts?
Can I get them off the tree or wait until they fall???

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
yes! get the black walnuts
that'll keep you busy for a while
processing them I mean,
cleaning them up and getting them ready to dry.
I use a wire brush
enjoy!

or maybe take a nap since you have a fever and your body is fighting off a germ of sorts?
We have a little cement mixer that we use to clean the black walnuts. Cut off most of the husk, toss them in with a bucket of water and let them go for 20 minutes. Clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Day four. I've put in ten miles on the stationary bike,walked about four miles and shot over 300 rounds. Ten more days and counting. The only symptom I have snotting clear mucus..Taken three hot showers since 2am... TripleD is bored carpless!!! Even the dogs can't figure out why I haven't left the farm. I know it's sounds crazy but they know...

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Day four. I've put in ten miles on the stationary bike,walked about four miles and shot over 300 rounds. Ten more days and counting. The only symptom I have snotting clear mucus..Taken three hot showers since 2am... TripleD is bored carpless!!! Even the dogs can't figure out why I haven't left the farm. I know it's sounds crazy but they know...
Sounds like you need a hobby. It probably would make being under house arrest more bearable for you. Anything you like to do that doesn't involve going to work? Anything new you've always wanted to learn?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sounds like you need a hobby. It probably would make being under house arrest more bearable for you. Anything you like to do that doesn't involve going to work? Anything new you've always wanted to learn?
My Dillon 650 reloader is up town and I can't get it out here. I could be doing that. Archery season opened today. I have what I need here. My handymen are the best on results. They have full access to charge accounts and keys to the rental houses.

·
Premium Member
27,936 Posts
Are you going to get tested to see if you have covid?

I could spend 2 weeks doing piddly little odd jobs around the house and still not be bored.

When was the last time you took everything out of your cupboards and gave them a thorough dusting? Sure it's piddly work but it will keep you busy.

I like search word puzzles, they don't require much thought. I spent a month doing those when I was confined to bed and taking high strength narcotic pain relievers after surgery.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Are you going to get tested to see if you have covid?

I could spend 2 weeks doing piddly little odd jobs around the house and still not be bored.

When was the last time you took everything out of your cupboards and gave them a thorough dusting? Sure it's piddly work but it will keep you busy.

I like search word puzzles, they don't require much thought. I spent a month doing those when I was confined to bed and taking high strength narcotic pain relievers after surgery.
I need to because I feel fine. Family just doesn't come around if feel bad. Just got off the stationary bike about ten minutes ago... Been awake since 130 am last night. I don't sleep well. Had four hot showers today...

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Day five and I've seen two does with twins. Enjoy the little things. That's a movie quote too...

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Day five and I've seen two does with twins. Enjoy the little things. That's a movie quote too...
I walked in to my brothers house about an hour ago. They all are sick and was asked to go because I was running a fever of 99. One would have thought I had the new Echo variant!!!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Mom was up town and called to see if I needed anything. I asked her to go to CVS and call me back. She wanted to know what I wanted. I told her thermometers. I said the least expensive to the highest. She comes back with three. I can't over 98.7 on any of them 😃...

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Day six. Step mom finally tested negative on her 15th day. She went back to work... I'm still stranded at the farm per Dad's orders. The repair guys call me more than family to see how I feel. I feel fine!!!

·
Premium Member
6,002 Posts
Make some jalapeno jelly. Be careful around your eyes and other places.

Reactions: TripleD

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Day eight. Food delivery trash pick up. I need my check book and rent sheets from the office. This is going to be stupid in a couple of days.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I've been welcomed back in the fold tomorrow. I might be high table again 😂!!!
Day eleven and I'm still on the farm. Just fatigue and bouts with being hot and cold.
The highest temperature has been 99.9. One hour I might be in shorts and no shirt. The next might be jeans ,Rocky boots and tee shirt. Still staying on the exercise bike and three hot showers per day???

21 - 40 of 53 Posts