day 141 and doe is yelling her head off...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by full sun, Jun 11, 2006.

1. full sun

full sun Well-Known Member

My husband demands that I check with you....I have a doe that is on day 141 of her gestation (first-timer). I was just telling my husband his very morning that she has no signs of labor and that i thought she was a long way off. I thought she would have discharge or mucus or a huge udder by now. Well, ever since this afternoon, my normally very quiet doe has been "yelling" nearly non-stop. When I closed her in for the night and fed her she yelled with her mouth closed while eating. I gave her a good rub down and a brushing. It seemed to calm her, but she still was very vocal. Kind of a closed-mouth yell. Her ligments are softening, but still there. I feel so bad for her...Just tell me this is normal... She's upset all the animals in the barn. Even the chicks!

Jennifer

2. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Well-Known Member Supporter

It sounds like she wants you to hang out with her. First timers can be sooo needy :rolleyes:

3. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

Sounds close!! My goat did not hardly have any discharge before I saw the bag coming!!

4. littledoe

littledoe Well-Known Member

Yep...sounds like she does want you to hang out with her...then again, I yelled MY head off the first time around, too. :)

Good luck...sounds exciting!

Malissa

5. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

yup. she wants mama, to be close to her. for her first time. they do that.