Daughter Had An Accident

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by FiddleKat, Dec 8, 2006.

1. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

This is really a funny story. Daughter is fine, really.

DD is 8 yrs old and disabled. Doesn't speak, developmentally delayed, uses a wheelchair. We give her her baths in the master bath as it has a nice garden tub and its right off DH and my bedroom. So I can sit on the bed and I can watch her and only five feet away.
    Next thing we know the bath water has turned BROWN!
    Yes.....my little darling pooped in her bath water. She still wears diapers because she is at the time being unable to be potty trained.

Couldn't help but laugh.
    Their she is, sitting merrily as can be in the middle of her own creation floating around her. Silly girl.

Just so you know....we drained the tub, cleaned it and refilled it and gave her another bath.

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Well if you can lagh at the mishap .O K . I understand that Special needs children can have Accidents like that, and not even know it. Please don't take this reply the wrong way. I hope you and yours enjoy your Holidays.Take care.

3. NCGirl

NCGirl Well-Known Member

Oh my.... LOL

4. FiddleKat

I use to call her my Pooh Bear! LOL I guess I can still do that!

5. Cashs Cowgirl

Cashs Cowgirl Well-Known Member Supporter

Fiddlecat, children sure can bring a smile to our faces and our hearts even in the strangest of ways! Humor is always a good for the body/mind! :)

6. FiddleKat

My mom use to tell us "wait til you have kids of your own."
    Once my oldest brother, when he was about a year old suppossedly "decorated" the living room walls with his hands and a hairbrush with poop.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When my daughter was a toddler everytime we put her in the bathtub she would poop in it and then smile. :) She outgrew it though LOL - she's 26 years old now. It's a funny memory and we tease her about it.

8. FiddleKat

My cousin when she was three decided to dress up as a bunny rabbit. She came hopping through the living room with a pair of her mother's nylon stockings on her head and the legs were her ears. The only thing is that the stockings were the only thing the kid was wearing!!
    I thought she was going to DIE when I told everyone that story at her bridal shower. Her soon to be hubby though had a great laugh over it.

9. BasicLiving

BasicLiving Well-Known Member

Your little "Pooh Bear" lived up to her name! And she gave you something to laugh about. I bet you never call her Pooh again without thinking of this!

Penny

10. dezeeuwgoats

dezeeuwgoats Well-Known Member

DS accidently 'pooped in the pool' (ie bathtub). I heard a blood-curdling scream and he streaked past me nekkid......Didn't know what it was in the tub with him! (he was a bout 1 and 1/2 and I guess Dad couldn't catch him quick enough! lol

Dad was once again bathing, but this time different kid. I heard HIM yell for at the top of his lungs - I came running, and son was literally turd in hand, about to take a bite. Why DH couldn't handle that quickly on his own, I'll never know. I think he's as silly as the kid.

Thanks for reminding me of our own silly memories! lol

11. FiddleKat

Kids.....don't you just love them!!

12. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

Reminds me of another story..when my girls were young they were getting a bath together..I could hear them but not see them the whole time...When I went to check imagine my surprise when I saw they had mistaken an economy size bottle of baby oil for shampoo...and also one of them had made 'boom booms' in the bathwater...so all over their glistening bodies were little flecks of poo....OMG!!!!!trying to hold them was like trying to catch a greased pig!!! I must have shampooed their hair 5 times each... not to mention the tub......stuff that was not covered in the parents handbook! :shrug:

13. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness...roadless...that cracked me up! I was bathing my boys one time when they were about 1 and 2...and the 1 year old stood up and tt'd....so...back to the drawing board to bathe them all over again! Kids....you just HAVE to laugh sometimes! It sure makes it easier! My nephews...twins.....took their diapers off during nap time and decided to finger paint poo on the VERY textured walls! My SIL had to scrub and scrub and THEN repaint her walls! The TUB is a much easier cleanup!!! LOL!

14. FiddleKat

Oh roadless you just reminded me of another story also involving my little "Pooh Bear."
    When she was about two we had her on the living room floor playing. Remind you, she's disabled so she couldn't walk but she figured out how to roll really well, and sit up on her own as well.
    I had forgotten that I had left a brand new bottle of Elmers white glue with the top off!! on the coffee table. (I was doing some arts and crafts).
    I went into the kitchen to start dinner and hubby was out doing something and when he came into the house told me to go see what our daughter did.
    She had knocked the glue over onto the carpet (brand new Berber) rolled in it and then preceeded to roll into her bedroom which had hard wood floors. there was glue everywhere!! Including her hair!
    That too took me about 5 times to shampoo out of her hair. LOL

15. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

good grief fiddlekat....its a good thing we parents have a sense of humor...well most of the time!!!