Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=97UnW-A4FRM[/ame]

Is this the one? Best to watch it on full-wide screen. A sight to behold!!!

Reactions: Tricky Grama

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, wonder the landing didn't rip the tires off the wheels. Id think the airline was going to have to do a major upholstery job on that plane. First time the occupants could watch their own landing lol. Probably had to up the deodorant too.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
No it was not backwards watch real closely once straight you can see the red blinking light is still in the front of the plane. Yes that is what they do and how they have to do it, is sideways then just touching one set of wheels on one side down and then the rest.
But boy what force that one set of tires must take, wow.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Rats, I was not on that one.
The very first flight I was one was a little turbo prop from here to Chicago. Right after the pilot had told us to belt up he started his descent and either an up draft caught the right wing or a downdraft caught the left one because we went from flat to a 90 degree left bank in less than a heart beat.
I was WOO-HOO both hands in the air as that pilot righted the plane and everyone else seemed to be in shock. I asked how often that happened and was very disappointed to hear a guy say he had been flying weekly for 25 years and that was the first. I just said it was my very first flight but I loved roller coasters.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Dang that looked like about a 40* crab into the wind on that landing. That is a good pilot but I bet everyone in the cockpit was watching those instruments closely. He got the nose around right as it was touching down, that's good, but taxing will be a hugh pain with that much wind.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
I used to fly a lot, and the worst two flights I ever had were going into Chicago and then flying back out again a week later! I haven't flown since and don't ever intend to, lol.

Going in, we had a storm and turbulence so bad that we never got to take off our seat belts. The plane was up and down constantly in big jolts and once even dropped about 20-25 feet. Then we had to circle for almost two hours before we could land. I think the only reason we did then was we were low on fuel, and I still wish they would have just diverted to another airport, lol. Even then, we had to wave off twice at the last second before landing the third time and, although I couldn't see it, I'm sure it looked a lot like that one, only with some up and down motion to go with it. :eek: Even the stewardesses looked scared and never left their jump seats.

Flying back out, we were zooming down the runway and just at the point of lifting off when all kinds of alarms started going on, and the oxygen masks popped out. The pilot backed off, said we had an electrical FIRE and headed back to the gate! What got me was they made all of us passengers stay on the plane while the flight crew got off. We could see smoke billowing out and about four trucks and the fire crew all come roaring up and climbing all over the plane. We were held there at the gate for three hours...and then sent out on that same plane! When we got ready to land, the indicator light wouldn't work for the landing gear, so we had to prepare for a crash landing. Luckily, it held and we landed okay.

I used to love to fly and even dreamed of being a stewardess when I grew up, but the flights had just gotten worse and worse the last five or six years before that one, so I decided that was enough for me, I was done, lol! :D

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
I'm not a bad passenger but if the plane hits heavy turbulence then I go all blonde and I'm not blonde. That time in Atlanta they had to drag the jet out to the runway just about did me in too.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Any landing that you walk away from is a good one.:D

A week after I got back from Vietnam, I was flying a puddlejumper from Dallas to Temple Tx. To say it was rough is an understatement. The stewardess, really young and not many flights, actually sat down in a seat across the aisle from me and said "i'm kinda scared." When the flight attendant tells you that they're scared it's time to get worried. I was thinking, made it through Vietnam and gonna die flying home. Luckily made it home, just a little queasy.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
That's an amazing landing, :bow:
I wouldn't have wanted to be on that flight though. I can just imagine what the passengers were thinking :hand:

It looked to me like it was going backwards too

·
Registered
974 Posts
No it was not backwards watch real closely once straight you can see the red blinking light is still in the front of the plane. Yes that is what they do and how they have to do it, is sideways then just touching one set of wheels on one side down and then the rest.
But boy what force that one set of tires must take, wow.
Nope, watched it like 28 times, and no plane has that fin thing on the front...this video just makes no sense to me at all!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nope, watched it like 28 times, and no plane has that fin thing on the front...this video just makes no sense to me at all!
Then try again.
What you need to understand is the camera was also in a plane and moving. Almost all the time the camera was looking right at the rear of the plane.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Then try again.
What you need to understand is the camera was also in a plane and moving. Almost all the time the camera was looking right at the rear of the plane.
I agree, there is no way that the plane was going backwards. Sideways you bet, tilted to one side and landed on just that side and set of tires, you bet, but never turned around and went backwards.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Watched a mediflight helicopter go over yesterday flying lower then normal and pushing into the wind at about a twenty degree angle to stay on course.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts