dancing

Discussion in 'Goats' started by susanne, Aug 17, 2006.

1. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

[​IMG]

we had to kake some pics for my website yesterday. dove was so happy she wanted to dance with me :) (at least it looks like it)

2. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

They sure are alot of fun to spend time with..... no matter what we're doing.

3. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

My goodness! How big is that goat?

My little Saanen doeling (9 weeks old yesterday) likes to dance too - well, she likes to jump on me, so I grab her hooves and dance with her. :p

4. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

She's pretty. And pretty big, too!

Lynda

5. susanne

she is a big doe. still a yearling and a lot more to grow.
    i'm not the biggest, only 5'0 also me staying behind her lets her look bigger.

here is saada lovey dove again
    http://www.ain-ash-shams.com/seniordoes.htm

6. lijj

lijj Well-Known Member

I have a doeling that does that too! Then I start dancing with her and she doesn't want to dance... then she jumps up on me again. *sigh* :D

7. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Ah. I'm 5'7" and my Alpine yearling is pretty close to that when she stands up. I hate to think how big my Saanen would be if she did that! She's a big girl too.

Lijj, I tried the knee in the chest routine, like you would to dissuade a dog from jumping up - doeling thought that was great fun, and kept coming back for more. Now, I blow raspberries at her, and she backs off and looks at me with great big eyes LOL.

8. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

9. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

She is a big girl and pretty, too. Saada has some very big does in their herd. I enjoyed seeing the photos of your goats. My friend has a yearling Saanen who stands over 6 feet when on her hind legs.

10. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

What a neat photo of your goat. I have a wether that loves to do that

11. susanne

thank you for the compliment. i will mesure next time she stands like this but my guess is that she is over six feet too. if you know the saada herd you might know swan? this is her dam :)
    i'm so happy that i was able to add some of the saada animals :happy:

12. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

OK - Every time I see the title of this thread again I have to open it it and look at that dancing goat.

Then I start hearing "The Chicken Dance" music in my head.

Doo doo dee dee dee

Doo doo dee dee dee

Doo dee dee dee -Doo doo doo doo

Yikes. Too much coffee. I am now picturing all of those goats under the tree in Ozarks Jewel's photo standing up and dancing.

I really should go do some housework.

Lynda

13. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

Your photo reminds me of an old boy I used to know some years back. He was a "towny" that suddenly moved to a neighboring farm and had the strangest habit of "dancing" with one of his new born quarter horses. We'd go by in the old '37 Ford pick-up, and there he'd be in the front field, the little colts' legs draped over his shoulders doing his version of the Kentucky Waltz, having a high ho merry time.

One morning, about a year later, we saw him at the mill and he was wearing a cast plum across his chest and down one arm!

I, being a somewhat smart-ass as a young man, just had to ask him what happened. Apparently the 700 pound colt ran up to him at feeding time one morning and decided to dance one last dance... breaking the old boys collar bone and left arm!

He said, "Why didn't you tell me what a foolish thing I was doing when you'd go by the farm?"

Well sir, gandpa told me you'd see the err of your ways soon enough and to mind my own business!