Dana finally kidded

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KimM, May 9, 2006.

1. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

Dana, who is 25% Nubian, 25% Alpine and 50% Boer, had her kids early this afternoon. She had twin does, one is a red head that weighed 9.5 pounds. The other is a paint that weighed 11 pounds. Their sire is a fullblood Boer (an Eggsfile son) who is producing fantastic doelings. They are both everything I hoped for and more!! Well worth the wait.
    The first one born crawled to the udder and started nursing just as soon as she could get her lungs cleared. The 2nd one was just about as fast. Most vigorous kids I ever saw.
    I'm elated, and very tired after 3 nights with very little sleep............night!

PS- Pics tomorrow!

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Wow, twins doelings. I'm green with envy. I won't be having babies this year. Congratulations. :dance:

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I thought you were talking about me, lol... My name's Dona, hehe
    Congrats on the new ones!!

4. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Congrats! Nothing quite as vigorous as those little Boers! I have a doe due in a month. Had some in December and some in March....got them all spread out!

5. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Congratulations! Twin doelings, how blessed are you?! I am glad for you. Still hoping my alpine/nubian cross comes through with some doelings for me. Cannot wait to see the pics....hint, hint!

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the babies! So.... Are you keeping them? Good Luck with them. Good Luck with them. Bye.