Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
3,472 Posts
A single person (male or female) who wants to find partner has to make it known to the opposite gender that he is available.

The best way to do that is for him to start dating women---whoever he can---without regard to whether the othet person is attractive or has a good personality.

What evolves is the available man gets into circulation with other singles. He runs into single women and eventually he will find one who meshes with him.

He also needs to do things like go to church, join social or charity organizations, etc., wherever people mix and mingle.

I think of it like the little black bugs that zip around on the surface of a lake. They bump into a hundred other bugs and eventually they run into one that is compatible.

The other place I met women when I was single was in grocery stores. It's really easy to start a conversation there. Ask a woman who is by herself about some food or whatever to get the ball rolling. Something like, "Excuse me, can you tell me which one of these roasts is the best one?"

Heck, I have had women start conversations with me in grocery stores. Once, when I was looking at frozen pizzas a woman came up behind me and asked, "See anything you like?"

But at that time I was too ignorant to catch her drift.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
A single person (male or female) who wants to find partner has to make it known to the opposite gender that he is available.

The best way to do that is for him to start dating women---whoever he can---without regard to whether the othet person is attractive or has a good personality.

What evolves is the available man gets into circulation with other singles. He runs into single women and eventually he will find one who meshes with him.

He also needs to do things like go to church, join social or charity organizations, etc., wherever people mix and mingle.

I think of it like the little black bugs that zip around on the surface of a lake. They bump into a hundred other bugs and eventually they run into one that is compatible.

The other place I met women when I was single was in grocery stores. It's really easy to start a conversation there. Ask a woman who is by herself about some food or whatever to get the ball rolling. Something like, "Excuse me, can you tell me which one of these roasts is the best one?"

Heck, I have had women start conversations with me in grocery stores. Once, when I was looking at frozen pizzas a woman came up behind me and asked, "See anything you like?"

But at that time I was too ignorant to catch her drift.
I am sure that all of that works, but it sure sounds like a lot of work.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bunch of hens and a mastiff ***** that weighs more than I do is a lot of female on one lot, but I'm a red-blooded man and wouldn't mind the right woman. The trouble is finding her. If you're in earnest, NRA_guy had good tips.

Reactions: NRA_guy

·
3,472 Posts
What NOT to do:

Do not look for a woman in a bar. She might be a fun date, but in the long run it can be a disaster. (Though I do know a guy who met a woman in a Bourbon Street bar in New Orleans when he literally fell onto her as he was staggering out the door, and he has been happily married to her for about 40 years now.)

Do not commit to marry ANY woman until you have known each other for at least 2 years. People (men and women) will pretend to be whatever you are seeking in order to get you to make a commitment. Then their true personality comes out.

Especially, do not lock into seeing only one woman right after you get a divorce. You cannot think straight during such times.

Do not marry any woman who is under about 25 years old. They will grow up into someone different. There is an old saying that men marry a woman hoping that she won't change, and women marry a man hoping that he will change---and both end up being disappointed.

PS: There is a reason why the rate of marriage is declining in the US:
Rectangle Plot Slope Font Parallel

Reactions: Max Overhead

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bill Murray reportedly told a couple he met not to get married until they had traveled around the world together. Most can't afford a trip like that but there is something to be said for spending a lot of time together during trying situations. The real you comes out. Dating gives you an idea of what someone is like when they are on their best behavior. A 24/7 life together is not like that.

·
Premium Member
34,240 Posts
Do not commit to marry ANY woman until you have known each other for at least 2 years. People (men and women) will pretend to be whatever you are seeking in order to get you to make a commitment. Then their true personality comes out.

Do not marry any woman who is under about 25 years old. They will grow up into someone different. There is an old saying that men marry a woman hoping that she won't change, and women marry a man hoping that he will change---and both end up being disappointed.
Hubby broke both those rules about 38 1/2 years ago. We've had rough patches but we were determined to make it work.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Bill Murray reportedly told a couple he met not to get married until they had traveled around the world together. Most can't afford a trip like that but there is something to be said for spending a lot of time together during trying situations. The real you comes out. Dating gives you an idea of what someone is like when they are on their best behavior. A 24/7 life together is not like that.
You could always work cattle while still dating. That's guaranteed to bring out the worst you. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Damn ! Things are moving too fast now, need a female partner. How bout you ?
No. I don't swing that way 🤪

You could always work cattle while still dating. That's guaranteed to bring out the worst you. Lol
Or dock a sailboat 🤣🤣🤣
Having watched couples do this proceedure I was glad to be the Capitana of my own ⛵

Wow at the convoluted schemes some of you men go through!
You date women you have no interest in to get into the crowd NRA?!! That is seriously a low life thing to do.

I dated some, I guess about 10 years ago. Did the hair, clothes and a minimal amount of makeup. I don't think I'd go that route again. I felt awkward as a pig on ice. Definitely a reason some fellas are available (and vice versa).
Not buying makeup again. I own a couple of pairs of flip flops and a pair of rubber boots for when I'm working bees. I'm about at the point of having to buy another pair of 'town' flip flops for Drs visits.
Really if they aren't a beekeeper or work in the medical field, my chances of meeting someone are slim to none.

·
3,472 Posts
You date women you have no interest in to get into the crowd NRA?!! That is seriously a low life thing to do.
Not really. Sometimes the one you think is not the right one turns out to be a life-long partner.

First appearances can be deceiving, you know.

Besides, your date benefits from the exposure to other folks, too. So it's a win-win for both people.

And don't forget: All's fair in love and war . . .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts