Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seeking Type
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my mother handed me a letter saying we have been named "Dairy of Distinction". She entered the farm back in April, didn't know she did. Just need to call the person who heads this district, to setup the presentation time/date.

So I guess you could say Beech Hill Farms is a Dairy of Distinction.

Jeff

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
Ditto! Congrats to you

·
Registered
697 Posts
Good going Jeff- are you showing you cow at NYS fair- like to look you up if you are. We wil be there with our 4-H goats. camping in the infield-Liz in NY

·
Administrator
19,105 Posts
Jeff, I think that's terrific. I know you've put a lot of time and effort into your place in the last few years and it's sure nice to see it's recognized.

·
Seeking Type
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Teacupliz,

No state fair, been told the dairy part of it is extremely cut throat, and they treat you accordingly. I would have to be tied in with another farm, if I were to ever show at that fair. Where I do plan on going, would be nice next spring, is the NY Spring Carousel, which is held at the NYS fairgrounds each year. It is a big show, but its more of a club, not the same type of people.

also sycamore, we have thought about that. Funny I asked the disctrict secretary today about them checking milk quality. She said generally if a farm is clean, cows are clean, the milk quality is good. She has been farming it for oh id say over 40+ years. Her son is 40 something, and he is running the farm. Her grandson is 14ish. In otherwords, they have been around a while, so they know what it takes.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts