Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone in Alberta mentioned that they thought there is a dairy goat show in this area this weekend - I am in Aldergrove, BC. Can anybody provide information/details on this?
Thanks
jodi

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are a couple in the next week but this weekend at your backdoor
IT's a dairy show but I'm sure you can make a ton of contacts.

P.S. Go here for all kinds of Goat information:

http://edmc.net/goatkpr/

It's Goat Keeper Magazine and if you click the Events button you will see a bunch of shows in Western Canada.

Good luck finding a buddy for your lonesome baby!!!

AgriFair Dairy Goat Show

July 30 at Abbotsford, BC
Fair runs July 29 - August 2. Abbotsford Fairgrounds, MacLure & Trethewey Road. CGS sanctioned open dairy doe show (no prize money) on Friday July 30.
Judge TBA. For more information and show rules contact 604-852-6674 or Geraldine Goodman, phone 604-852-4576.

Chilliwack Exhibition
August 5 - 8 at Chilliwack, BC
NOTE DATE CORRECTION. CGS Sanctioned open dairy doe show. Judge: Rob Bourassa. For more information and show rules contact Eugenia Carnegie, phone 604-858-6166, [email protected] or Chilliwack Exhibition, phone 604-824-8191, fax 604-824-8192, [email protected], www.chilliwackexhibition.com

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cathy!
I didn't get there - on again tomorrow too, though.
My husband ended up having to work double shifts all weekend long and I am 9 months pregnant - due anyday now, so wasn't too eager to get out there alone.
Thanks for asking - I have checked out the goatkeeper website and will keep our eyes on it. Also, going to check out a few people in the neighbourhood that have a ton of goats and check in with the 4-H kids next door.
jodi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts