Dairy Goat show - Lower Mainland, BC

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Hawkfamily, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Hawkfamily

Hawkfamily Well-Known Member

Someone in Alberta mentioned that they thought there is a dairy goat show in this area this weekend - I am in Aldergrove, BC. Can anybody provide information/details on this?
    Thanks
    jodi

2. CathyJK

CathyJK Well-Known Member

There are a couple in the next week but this weekend at your backdoor
    IT's a dairy show but I'm sure you can make a ton of contacts.

P.S. Go here for all kinds of Goat information:

http://edmc.net/goatkpr/

It's Goat Keeper Magazine and if you click the Events button you will see a bunch of shows in Western Canada.

Good luck finding a buddy for your lonesome baby!!!

AgriFair Dairy Goat Show

July 30 at Abbotsford, BC
    Fair runs July 29 - August 2. Abbotsford Fairgrounds, MacLure & Trethewey Road. CGS sanctioned open dairy doe show (no prize money) on Friday July 30.
    Judge TBA. For more information and show rules contact 604-852-6674 or Geraldine Goodman, phone 604-852-4576.

Chilliwack Exhibition
    August 5 - 8 at Chilliwack, BC
    NOTE DATE CORRECTION. CGS Sanctioned open dairy doe show. Judge: Rob Bourassa. For more information and show rules contact Eugenia Carnegie, phone 604-858-6166, eugenia_carnegie@yahoo.com or Chilliwack Exhibition, phone 604-824-8191, fax 604-824-8192, chillex@uniserve.com, www.chilliwackexhibition.com

3. CathyJK

CathyJK Well-Known Member

Did you manage to get to the goat show? Find any breeders handy to you?

4. Hawkfamily

Hawkfamily Well-Known Member

Hi Cathy!
    I didn't get there - on again tomorrow too, though.
    My husband ended up having to work double shifts all weekend long and I am 9 months pregnant - due anyday now, so wasn't too eager to get out there alone.
    Thanks for asking - I have checked out the goatkeeper website and will keep our eyes on it. Also, going to check out a few people in the neighbourhood that have a ton of goats and check in with the 4-H kids next door.
    jodi