Daily progress!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by mammabooh, Dec 1, 2005.

1. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I'm gonna have to do it...weekly just doesn't do it for me. I'm excited for a day or two and then I lose my spunk. So, I'm going to subject you all to my daily ramblings. Please feel free to join in and let us all know how you're doing too.

I'm doing good today. I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes, did my 15 -minute tummy video, have downed about 2 quarts of water so far, had a huge salad for lunch (plain...I don't like dressing), made and drank some carrot/apple/cucumber juice in my juicer, and cut up a bunch of veggies to munch on for later. I also decided to forego the chocolate buckeyes that I had been eating for breakfast and instead ate some grapes and venison tenderloin.

Supper will consist of another huge salad and probably some peanuts for protein. I had one serving of my SuperFood this morning and will have another in the mid-afternoon.

Anyone else?

2. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

Me Too!
    yesterday I was real good.
    I started the day with coffee.
    1 egg with a Tbs of salsa.

bowl of butternut squash soup
    2 deli slices of turkey.
    banana

grapes and pecans

pork roast, brussle sprouts and potato.

tons of water

I can not seem to find time for exercises, cause the shoveling manure and hauling hay doesn't count. I did do 1 set of 12 high kicks, for the abs .

Today I will eat the same way and try to do a few more exercises.
    See you later mamabooh.
    Steff

3. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

See, now, that's what I don't get. Why DOESN'T hauling hay and shoveling manure count? It's physical activity and especially if you go at it hard for 20-30 minutes and you get your heart rate up, that's aerobic exercise, right??? I think we need to give ourselves credit for our farm-related activity.

I'm starting the morning with a cookie (but just one!) and an apple. That's been a change for me. I loved apples as a kid, but over the last 10+ years, I haven't felt like eating them. Now I find that I really look forward to one or 2 small apples every day. Maybe they are especially good apples (Galas and Fujis, mainly), maybe my tastes are changing to a healthier way of eating...whatever it is, I'm glad it's happening! I planted several apple trees last winter, and more this winter, plus I'm planning to add even more when the bareroot trees go on sale. My dd will go through 5# of apples a day, but now I feel like I'll really be able to get MY use out of my future orchard, too, lol.

I re-weighed myself this morning, after being so disappointed in my weight on the official weigh-in day, and I'm down to 151#, which is almost back to where I was last week. I'm really feeling pretty good about that. That gives me a little more encouragement to stick with the program. Today I'm going to try to do some exercises, continue to eat healthy foods and not too many "treats". Tonight I work the night shift (next 2 nights), so I'll get more exercise there. I'm going to make some copies of the Body Clutter Daily Journal pages from the Flylady website, and try to keep track of what I'm eating/how much I am exercising.

edited to add: Mammabooh, what are chocolate buckeyes?

4. mammabooh

A peanutbutter ball covered in chocolate!

5. mammabooh

Doing good again today. I had two eggs and some grapes for breakfast and am eating a huge naked salad right now. When I finish this glass of water, I will have consumed 64 ounces of water...64 more to go.

For some reason I woke up an hour and a half earlier than normal, so I got my exercising done early.

Hubby is coming home from Florida in a few minutes and then we're heading to his parents' house. It will be hard to behave myself there. They are German and their buddies send them chocolate from Germany all the time. I'll at least take my cut-up veggies along to snack on.

6. mammabooh

I'm so annoyed with myself! As I said before, we went to the in-laws' house last night. I then proceded to plop myself down at the table and eat everything they put in front of me. I wasn't even hungry...just habitual gnawing. How dumb!

Anyway, I'm back on track today. I did my 35 minutes on the treadmill and my 15-minute tummy video. Had two eggs and some grapes for breakfast, a huge salad for lunch, and haven't decided what's for supper yet. Water intake is good and my self-loathing over last night's stupidity is fading away. Onward and downward!

7. steff bugielski

I have done real good so far. I have eliminated most of the starch in my diet. I don't even miss it.
    Yestereday I started off with coffee
    Fruit and yogurt
    a 2 slice ham and 1 slice swiss sandwich I loaded it up with roasted peppers.
    a banana and walnuts snacks
    a hamburger no bun and salad

Hopefully this pays off.
    steff

8. mammabooh

We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant after church today and I brought half of my meal home. Normally, I would eat all of it at one sitting...I was taught to always clean my plate! Instead of gorging myself, now I can eat the other half for supper tonight or lunch tomorrow.

Hubby is napping now, so I think I'll go downstairs and walk on the treadmill. I didn't plan on exercising over the weekend, but I did it yesterday and might as well as long as I feel like it!

Steff...keep up the good work!!!

9. steff bugielski

I have been overweight since I can remember. When i was 20 I weighed 135. It was probably due to living in my own place and not having time or money for food. That changed soon as I got married and had kids. I have always tried to lose weight but never stuck with anything. For the first time I feel I WILL drop those pounds. I think it is just a mindset- like not finishing the plate ful. Very proud of you Mammabooh.

Today still on track
    fruit andyogurt for breakfast
    2 slices leftover pork roast and salad for lunch
    pecans for a snack.
    dinner will be fresh chicken qwith veggies.( we slaughtered 5 yesterday)

steff

10. mammabooh

I'm not doing too bad today, but I don't think it was very wise of me to make a bunch of chocolate candy (to be given as gifts) today. You girls know what I'm talking about!

I walked on the treadmill this morning and have consumed 90 ounces of water. I skipped breakfast (wasn't hungry at all), but then had a handful of peanuts mid-morning. I ate the rest of yesterday's lunch for lunch today and haven't decided yet what to have for supper. Hubby would be happy if I just let him eat all the chocolate candy I made, but I think we'll have a big salad and some kind of soup instead.

I'll do my tummy video sometime this evening and will drink the rest of my water.

11. steff bugielski

This is so frustrating!
    I have been SO good this week and nothing.
    I have limited myself to 1 starch a day.
    No snacking except for fruit and nuts.
    And still weigh the same.
    This is why I give up. Not this time.
    Today I skipped lunch altogether.
    Maybe I am eating too many nuts, I know I have been eating too many banans but they are here and I can't throw them out.
    I am drawing stregth from you all.
    Steff

12. GeorgiaberryM

GeorgiaberryM Well-Known Member

Don't give up, everyone! Keep up the good work. Think on the bright side - even if you didn't lose pounds this week, at least the scale isn't pointing higher! I had become so numbed to the number on the scale getting higher and higher that when it stopped moving, even that was great. . .

I kind of commit to six weeks at a time by making a progress chart - just a grid with dates across the top and pounds along the side - I record weekly on this chart. Since we started this my new chart is for Thursdays. After a while the marks WILL move down the chart. It is a great visual aid and motivation on days when I need it.

I do weigh every day. I am like you guys - I need to pay attention to this problem/struggle on a daily basis - sometimes on an hourly basis lol! I try to reason with myself, I say "Self, you are going to resist the temptation of gorging on hot buttered rolls, because you KNOW what will happen!" I can hope for results when I step on the scale every day if I stick to my plan, but I have no reason to hope for the outcome I want if I don't follow the plan - I know that for sure!

13. mammabooh

I guess I forgot to post yesterday! I drank all of my water and did my 35 minutes on the treadmill...didn't get to the tummy video. That's ok, though, I promised myself that I would do it 5 times a week and I'm still on track for that.

We went to play group yesterday and I was very proud of myself. There was a bowl of chocolate peanut clusters and I had ONE! Normally I would eat them until they were gone. I'm still in the process of making my Christmas chocolate so I did more last night. I made homemade marshmallows a couple of nights ago, so last night I dipped them in chocolate and then drizzled red and green chocolate over the tops. Again, I had ONE (and it was a tiny deformed one that I couldn't possibly give as a gift!).

I just got out of bed about a half hour ago, so I'm again energized and ready to start the day. I'm going to go do the tummy video as soon as I end this post. I have to go have a bunch of blood tests at 10:00 today (we're starting the in vitro process again), so the treadmill will have to wait until we get home.

P.S. Steff...I haven't lost any weight either!

14. mammabooh

Didn't do too bad today, but I didn't eat enough...I was too busy. I'm sitting here eating a sandwich bag full of sliced cucumbers to make up for the lack of fresh food. My friend came over and we made three batches of peanut brittle and 8 different batches of hard candy. We started at 10:00 this morning and went until 3:30 or so. I did my exercising this evening after supper and I have a couple more glasses of water to drink before it's off to bed.

One of my friends noticed yesterday that I was toning up, so that was nice to hear! Hubby hasn't noticed yet (or at least hasn't said anything), but I'm sure he will soon.

We're going over to our friends' house tomorrow to go sled-riding, so I hope to feel a difference when I'm huffing up that big hill!

15. steff bugielski

I had a not so good day yesterday. Bread with lunch and pizza for dinner. Well it was Friday and I didn't want to cook.
    Today I am back to the fruit for breakfast.
    I will do it.
    Steff

16. mammabooh

Well, after pigging out on chocolate once again, I decided to get my behind downstairs and walk on the treadmill. I did my tummy video after that, so I'm feeling better now.

I felt thin this morning at church, so that was nice. I could feel that my pants were draping nicely as opposed to clinging to every bulging curve. I could also feel my stomach muscles when I was holding out notes (I sing on the praise team)...YEAH!!!

I think I'll add some weights to my exercise program tomorrow even though I know that will make me gain weight. I was going to do that a while back, but decided to wait.

Hubby and Little Guy and I are off to drive around in the snow and look at Christmas lights!

17. mammabooh

I did my exercises last night after supper and drank my gallon of water. Didn't eat enough raw veggies, but I'm doing better today. My friends wanted to meet me at the mall for lunch (UGH...I hate malls and food court food) today, so my little guy and I packed a lunch. We had peanut butter sandwiches on homemade bread (mine had lettuce on it too), carrots, grapes, and water. I'm glad we did that...if I would have eaten food court food, I'd feel physically yucky and be mad at myself!

Anyway, I hope to do my exercises for today before supper tonight so I burn more calories during my waking hours!!!!

18. mammabooh

I must do my exercises soon because I know it won't get done tonight. We are going to drop off our little guy (he's almost 4) at our friends' house so he can stay overnight. I have to have a saline ultrasound done at 7:30 in the morning, so I thought it would be easiest if he just stayed with them. I'm sure we'll end up staying at their house and chatting for quite a while, so the evening will be shot.

I really need to start munching on my raw veggies more often...I keep reaching for the yummy chocolate goodies that I made for OTHER PEOPLE for presents! I'll be giving a bunch of it away this weekend, so that will help.

Off to sweat, I suppose!

19. steff bugielski

I am recharged after the weigh-in . 5 lbs is too good to be true. I guess my hard work is paying off. I will keep this course of action up.
    1 starch a day and no extras.
    I sure am glad I didn't give up!
    Keep it up and stop eating everyone gifts Mammabooh!
    steff

20. mammabooh

Now that's good advice if ever I heard it!

Great job, steff...keep it up!