daffodil question

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by chickmomma57, May 10, 2005.

1. chickmomma57

chickmomma57 Well-Known Member

Hit a homerun today, but I don't know what to do now! Got about 1,000 daffodil bulbs from freecycle, just had to go and dig them up out of a beautiful rock garden.

My question is, the leaves were still green when I dug them up this morning. Should I be replanting them now or wait until fall? If I wait until fall, what do I do? If I plant them now should I cut off the green leaves or plant them just as they are? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it. The lady where I got them had several other beautiful perennial stone gardens that she wants to get rid of. So I made sure to clean up well after myself, weed around alittle and let her know I would be more than happy to come back anytime to remove more if she needed. Left her my phone number and she said she'd call in a couple of weeks. Heee Haaa!!!

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Here's what you should do with them....

Mail them to me!!!!!! :p

I'm jealous!!!!!

3. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

I would plant them as is. When I dig em up I replant right away never had any problems....so far