Cute Home for Sale w/ few acres and shop

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Mawna, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Mawna

Mawna Well-Known Member

Just found out one couple living on a road up from us here, have put their little house on the Market. This little place is cute with acouple of acres, shop and a westerly veiw to the little valley below. This place is in the North Central area of the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas, approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes south of Branson, MO.

If anyone maybe interested I will have the hubby stop at the sign by the road and write down the number you can call to get the low down on the place. Or I can give you the folks names and you could call them for yourselves and bypass all the goobly gook.

Mawna

2. greenacresusa

greenacresusa Well-Known Member

Hi Mawna, Wish we were ready to buy. That is the area we're looking at. But it also sounds like they may not have the amount of acreage we want anyhow (40+). Next year we'll be stepping up our search for some land.

3. Mawna

Mawna Well-Known Member

Hey GreenAcres! How are you?

No that is precisely the very reason I did not contact you on this little place. I know you guys want more acreage. I do not know how much land goes with the little place. But I know the land lies much like ours. On a deep downhill westerly slope to the little valley below. It would be excellent for ranging goats on but not really much else but timber and a view.

I just thought I'd let folks know about this place, as several people "on board" seem to be searching for a place in the country. NOW on the other hand on South of us along Highway 7 South are a few larger places now up for sell. I am seeing more and more for sale signs out this Summer, than ever up here. Most of the places up for sale seem to be folks that have moved in from somewhere else. Guess the economy I spoke with you about finally caught up with them. Right off the top of my head I am thinking I saw 3 different places just since last Monday. And these are bigger places, one has 67 acres with it and a nice little house. That is Mr Burdines place and he was an old local farmer here all his life.

When you are ready I hope you two find just what you want. If you want to, when you are ready contact me and the hubby. He and I, will keep our eyes open when we are out and about and write phone numbers down for you, ok?

later,
    mawna

4. greenacresusa

greenacresusa Well-Known Member

Thanks Mawna. I thought that was the case (small amount of land). But also we're just not ready yet till we sell my S.O. house next spring. We want to know what kind of $$ we'll have to deal with and don't want to finance any of the land.

You're right about the land going up in price. I wasn't going to buy any land till years later but my S.O. is worried about land prices going up and it sounds like she's right.

I sure would welcome you and your husband's help when the time comes. It's so good to have a friend in the area already :) And my S.O. reads the posts here too (she's not much for writting) and she loves the people and respones.

5. WindowOrMirror

WindowOrMirror ..where do YOU look? Supporter

The older couple we bought our homestead from here in WI were looking for exactly what are describing.

Is the place in fair shape? Know what they are asking for it?

And so on...

R

6. Mawna

Mawna Well-Known Member

Hello Red,

I can only tell you this on the little place. That yes she looks like she is in good shape. I have not been in this little house though. The couple that own it are from CA. the lady was a book-keeper at our local nursing home. From what I understand they remodeled the little house.

The couples names are Steve and Janet Mayo 870-446-5981. Got the phone number out of the phone book as I do not know them well. Don't really know if that is the proper thing to do, just hand out phone numbers like that. But hey they are wanting to sell the place and IF someone contacts them on buying it, everyone should come out happy. I have heard tell Janet is very computer knowledible, so I imagine she has the place listed on the inter-net somewhere anyway. As I heard tell that is how they found the house all the way in CA. to begin with.

The reason I posted this is only due to I had seen several folks here that have been saying they wished to find a place in the Country. Several had mentioned this area in particular. So I thought it might be nice to let everyone know I am seeing some property around here going up for sale. But it will not stay "for sale" long as property moves pretty fast up here.

mawna