Cut-and-Come-Again Stuff?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Nette, May 5, 2006.

1. Nette

Nette Well-Known Member Supporter

Help me come up with vegetables that are cut-and-come-again. I know the obvious ones--lettuce, greens. I've also heard that you can cut back okra stalks for a second harvest. What are some other things?

2. 3ravens

3ravens on furlough-downsized Supporter

If you cut broccoli and leave the stems, you will get 1-3 much smaller heads off the side shoots.

3. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

Most of the Asian greens will regrow - for a while at least. Bok Choy, tatsoi etc.

4. menollyrj

menollyrj Joy Supporter

Dunno about cutting back the okra stalks, but it will bear as long as you cut it. Stop cutting the okra and it stops producing. We usually have okra up until frost because we cut it every day in hot weather and every other day as the weather cools. The problem is usually having TOO much okra rather than worrying about a second crop... We pawn off our okra like most pawn off zucchini...

-Joy

5. rkintn

rkintn mean people suck

That is the truth! LOL Last year was the first year I had ever grown okra and we had a very small row, maybe 6ft long, of okra. I swear we could just stand out there and watch it grow. But, man there is nothing like some fresh fried okra and fried green tomatoes!