Custom Stencils?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Queen Bee, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I would like to have a custom stencil made with our farm name, log, and address made in several different sizes. I would use the stencils on crates, boxes and baskets.. Has anyone ever had a custom stencil made for such?-I had thought about a large rubberstamp for the fruit boxes... How would that work.. Thanks for any help, suggestions and advice.. QB

2. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

Go to an awards shop that has a laser engraver. They can cut stencil Materials with that.

Show them what you want, your logo etc and they can give you a price.
    Good Luck.

PS: WE used to own a shop in Houston until we sold it and retired here.

3. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you! I have a friend who owns a trophy and awards shop..

4. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

I made one for our Naval Detachment once. I drew the missile, words, etc. on stencil board and cut it out with a razor knife.

You could use carbon paper to trace your logo onto the stencil board, and/or buy lettering stencils for the name/address, etc. Stencil board is forgiving (erasable if you use pencil) until you actually do the cutting. Even then, if you goof, it's fairly easy to use tape or whatever to fix that little goof-up.

It can be time consuming cutting it out, and I don't know if you want to put that much time into it. I will usually take the cheaper route if I can pull it off as well as someone I'd have to pay. And I'm one of those that loves little details in work. But, maybe that's just me.