Curbside Finds!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Pony, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

Ah, how I love it when the neighbors leave so many wonderful things out at the curb for me to pick up! :dance:

For whatever reason, the neighbor 5 doors down put a PILE of pots (with potting soil still in them!) at the curb for garbage collection. These are absolutely good pots, show no signs of wear or sun bleaching or ANYthing!!

I have had so much fun with them today... Put some mystery tomato starts in a 3' long oval planter, and surrounded those with some onion sets. Put a BIG tomato plant into a BIG pot with a tomato cage (which I gleaned through freecycle). Took the rocks from the bottom of the pots to put into the whiskey barrels DH picked up for me...

And I still have lots left to play with AND to share!!

:cool:

It's a good day!

Pony!

2. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Way to go!!! :cool:

I feel happier after rescuing something from the trash pile than I do after buying something from the store.

/VM

3. Kee Wan

Kee Wan Well-Known Member

We do lots of "curbside shopping!" It's such fun!! Way to go!!!

4. moongirl

moongirl Well-Known Member

Congrats! I still need more pots since our entire garden is patio bound this year. Hate to part with more cash than I have to.

5. MountainRonda

MountainRonda Active Member

I have a little gardening business and I bring home every empty pot after I plant something. It's great to see the pile getting bigger and bigger. Perhaps someday I'll start a nursery! :rolleyes: