Cuisinart food processor from Costco

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by happy@home, Apr 19, 2017.

1. happy@home

happy@home Well-Known Member

i want a food processor, my old ones didn't last long, they were less expensive ones. I was at a Costco and saw a Cuisinart brand food processor for just over $100. Has anyone bought one from there and is it good quality? The price is great but I don't know if they make lesser quality appliances to sell there at the lower price. Thanks

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm This Space For Rent Supporter

3. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

I have one that they recalled the blade on, i paid full price, my promised blade has not arrived, but frankly, i dont see how they break

4. Bearfootfarm

Improper heat treating could make them too brittle.
    There's a lot of stress on anything that moves so fast.
    The vibration causes the blades to crack and pieces can chip off.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/cuisinart-food-processors-recalled-by-conair

5. tlrnnp67

tlrnnp67 Well-Known Member

I went through many "cheap" food processors. Most would burn up, some would just literally fall apart. I buy parmesan cheese from Sam's in wedges and shred it myself at home - tastes much fresher than pre-shredded. That's hard on a food processor. I finally broke down and bought this workhorse - it's built like a tank and has outlasted all the previous ones - I'll be able to hand it down generations:

https://www.brevilleusa.com/sous-chef-food-processor.html

6. Bearfootfarm

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/equipment_reviews/1649-food-processors

7. doozie

doozie Well-Known Member

I have a really old Cuisinart I picked up from a garage sale years ago, got my new blade too.
    Compared to my newer( 10 year old) model Kitchenaid I think the Cuisinart is the superior model. ( I don't know about the newest latest and greatest things, but some of the Kitchenaid have an adjustable slice size lever on some models so you wouldn't have to change blades, and that looks like a great idea to me.)

8. happy@home

Thank you for all the input.

9. happy@home

Thank you for all the input.

10. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Well-Known Member

I have a Cuisinart Prep11 for several years. It is in the recall, but haven't had a problem with the blade to date. IT is much nicer than they KitchenAid I had previously.

11. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Costco does not have the manufacturer build an inferior product for them to sell like Walmart or Sam's. As a matter of fact, I think many things they sell are superior.

I have a Cuisinart I bought at Costco and am still waiting for my new blade. Am just about about of peanut butter so may use my old blade to make some.

12. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

i really dont see anything wrong is using the old blade till the new one arrives--now that we know about it, i think we have sense enough to check our blade after we use it--to bake sure it didnt break pieces off