CSA's in Memphis area??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Snowdancer, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

When I lived in WI along with my own gardens I belonged to a CSA. In KY I had more land so no need for a CSA.

Now I'm in Memphis, no land to garden, patio is East facing with a tree shading it so I'm really searching for a CSA.

If you don't know of any, do you know of any centralized/location based website that lists them ike the Farm Bureau one for farmers markets?

Or community garden sites available within 25 miles or so of Memphis?
    I don't mind doing the work, just don't have the land! :(

Thanks,
    Kathy

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

You might want to check here:

Wild Oats Community Market (901) 685-2293 - 5022 Poplar Ave.

Or you could always drive down my way and help me out! I'd be happy to share my veggies...and the work that goes along with them! LOL...

3. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Hehehe, Be careful Ravenlost; I just might take you up on that gardening offer! I have a very strong urge to dig in the dirt!! :haha:

Thanks for the tip, I never thought about checking Wild Oats and I was there last week! :rolleyes:
    Have you ever been to Square Foods on Madison-smaller, more personal but better prices on some items.

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

To be honest I haven't even been in Wild Oats yet...we go to the movies right behind it at the Paradiso!

I keep telling hubby I would like to go in, but I think he's afraid he'd never be able to get me out (he's probably right!).