Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have one of those days that EVERYTHING makes you cry?? What gives?? What makes us feel so depressed/depressing. I hate this feeling.

--and no I am not pregnant! I have been teary, weeping at the drop of a hat and then when I watched a movie--I cried like I had lost my best friend!! The weather is cold and dreary, I have some kind of sinus infection. I have cried when I am happy and I cry when am I sad... I just can't believe this is how my day has been. I want to crawl into bed and stay there! Thank goodness night is coming fast.. QB

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Yes!

It started yesterday afternoon, and continued today, and it's not even 'that' time of the month :(

It helped a little this afternoon when I got an adorable Thanksgiving card from a complete stranger (she's my secret santa from my horse bb).

I got another boost (all be it small) when I went to get hay, we don't have a barn, just a shed, so my winter's hay is in storage 11 miles away. The transmission went out on my truck, so I have to bring hay home in my husband's jeep...I've only been bringing 3 bales at a time, but today I jiggled until I managed to fit 5 bales.

In this weather the small things cheer me up. :)

ETA I don't actually cry, but I feel like it, then I get grumpy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So glad to hear there are other gals "out there" like me!!! Even though this kind of weather makes me depressed and so lethargic with 0 energy. Grey, damp, wet and blah about sums it up! I find what helps me is when I light a candle, turn the lights low, put on some nice music, have a cup of tea or coffee, put my feet up, and watch the snow come down. I become thankful I have a warm house and no longer have to be one of the many dealing with bad roads and other traffic!!! Hugs Girls!!!
Donna :)

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
The Holiday Season can also be a reason for depressing thoughts.....sending you a big TX size hug....I sometimes get overwhelmed with everything, then I go scrapbook and I am fine....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I came so close to it today! Only thing that stopped me from losing it was that a client was standing right in front of me when I locked my keys in my truck, along with my tools, and my cell phone... and I didn't want to throw a hissy fit in front of him. Wouldn't look very professional, after all....

Took a deep breath, and assessed the situation. Borrowed a painter's tool and a screwdriver from him, wedged the painter's tool in the sliding back window, and used the screwdriver to pop the latch on the slider. Didn't even break the latch.

Sometimes you have to look at problems as an opportunity to learn something new!

Twila

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
been that way here today....except that I'm not a cryer....I just get mad. Crying would feel good if I could just think of a good enough reason and it wouldn't freak everyone in my house completely out.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I get like that approximately once a month. The dog could ask to go out and I'll start crying. :shrug: Sending you a big hug. :)

Same here. :) (Although we don't have any canine friends!) There are days that I will just sit on the stairs and unload the tears after watching old Tom & Jerry reruns. It's very cleansing for me.

Hang in there. You're in good company, hon! {{hugs}}

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I think the tears come (for me) when my stress level is too high. Cause, normally, I sure wouldn't tear up at some of the things I've teared up over. I dislike November because of it's cold, damp, rainy, grey weather. Whenever it's really cold, I like to watch a movie like Hidalgo or Saharah to help warm me up. (that also works when it's a heat wave and humidity to watch something like Iron Will or Cool Running to help cool off) :) Ah well, November is almost gone. :)
jd

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have long been finished with the monthly cry/pout/screaming fit! I have been keeping a notebook and there is no rhyme or reason to this maddness..that I can find...

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
When I'm down, there are times the tears come easily. Then there are times when I get a knot in my throat and I can't cry. I feel if I could cry I'd feel better, but the tears won't come. Anyone else can't cry when you feel you need to?

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I get like that when the weather is great. I try and work on bright, cheery projects and talk with family and friends. If I allow myself to retreat into myself, I'll sprial into depression. I've been fighting that now for a a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
the shortening of daylight hours triggers depression. tanning bed..or light therapy should do wonders!

·
joy seeker
1,482 Posts
Queen Bee, I am finished with the actual monthly flow since my hysterectomy but still have my ovaries n therefore still have the hormones(I'm 38) and I have noticed that I cannot predict the hormone swings one whit. There's no 'week' I can see, tis just random...sometimes weeks n weeks without a 'flare up', other times it seems to spark every other minute. It's freakin' insane.

I'm lucky in that I'm a bright, optimistic person by nature n can usually either rally through by doing something fun, blasting music, watching a movie or curling up with a book, whatever the mode of coping may be--but again, it's simply insane.

Just sharing to say you're not alone, y'all!!

~~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts