Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had horrible luck in finding male NZW rabbits so I ended up buying mini rex (only males I could find within 30 miles). I'm pretty sure the females are pregnant, one has gotten very territorial, but I'm curious if anyone else on this site has crossed them. And when it comes to breeding again I have read that it's ok to breed aunt/nephew together. Doesn't sound right to me but maybe I'm just naive to this lol. Any info is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had horrible luck in finding male NZW rabbits so I ended up buying mini rex (only males I could find within 30 miles). I'm pretty sure the females are pregnant, one has gotten very territorial, but I'm curious if anyone else on this site has crossed them. And when it comes to breeding again I have read that it's ok to breed aunt/nephew together. Doesn't sound right to me but maybe I'm just naive to this lol. Any info is greatly appreciated!
You need to breed them with different breed, once in a while, to avoid inbreeding they are very susceptible to inbreeding, what I do is I get a buck and I cross him with my female, and them their babies I cross them with their aunt, so I will get the same breed fenotipycally but not genotypically, and them I get rid of the buck, usually sell it... God speed... Ralph

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question for anyone out there. I have a female Sating Angora (Lucy) and a male Netherland Dwarf (Stewie) am I able to breed them since there is a big size difference?
They are each in a very very large cage right next to eachother so they can sniff eachother but i feel bad that they dont have someone they can actually play with. so i was hoping I could let them have one batch of babies then put the males with Stewie and females with Lucy so they will each have constant companions...

·
In memoriam
79,017 Posts
You can try.
He may not be able due to the size differences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts