Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 does that I want to post for you.

#1 - Fullblood Boer doe, 4 yrs old

#2 - Commercial Boer...probably at least 75%, yearling doe

#3 - Reg. 50% Boer but actually is more like 75%, 4 1/2 months old

Please let me know what you think!! Thanks for looking!!

·
why hide it?
1,586 Posts
Well, I like the fullblood in the first pic, nice head and ears too. Not sure about number 2, hard for me to tell from the pic. Doeling 3 does not look like she has all that much Boer in her, certainly not 75%. Are you the breeder? Or did you buy her? She is a nice doeling, just don't see that much Boer in her. My 75% were very Boer looking in structure, color and head. the color can be forgiven but the meatiness, bone and head are lacking in character for being 75%...50% tops i would say. But she does look like she will grow out to be a nice productive doe :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not the breeder of doe #3 but I do personally know the breeders. They are really nice retired folks. I groom their dogs for them. That is how we met. They live about ten miles down the road. They have 1 purebred paint Boer buck and the Mom was a Saanen/Boer cross. The cross would actually be just under 75% since the buck is a purebred and not a fullblood. The Mom does indeed look like a Saanen/Boer cross and she was registerable but this guy didn't care about papers so he never turned in the paper on her. That is where Candy gets her whitish face. Maybe she just takes more after the dairy in her. I did see the kids with their Mom when they were just a couple of weeks old so she is confirmed and I know he only has the one Boer buck. I can vouch for the breeders' honesty. They are really wonderful folks. In the face, I can see more of the Saanen look so I see what you mean there. Oh well, if I cross her back to a nice Boer buck, maybe she'll throw something nice?? Thanks alot for taking the time to look at them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts