Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has wanted a Cricut or similar digitial cutting machine for a long while now. I've always balked at the idea. Her bday is next week and I'm ready to give in and surprise her with one. The Cricut Explore looks pretty amazing. So does the Silhouette Cameo. There's lots of online banter as to which is better, but it seems almost like a woman's version of Ford Vs Chevy :hammer:

Can anyone offer any real world advice or guidance? She's a preschool teacher and creates bulletin boards each month for her own class as well as helping out other teachers with theirs, since she's really got a knack for it. She also enjoys crafting and creating stuff of all types for our home, as well as for selling at a few craft shows per year that she and a friend have a booth at.

I need help quick! I'm about to go mad from reading all the various reviews on blogs far and wide....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have a Silhouette Cameo.

I chose it over a cricut because I didn't want to have to purchase cartridges. I can create my own images or I can go to Silhouette's website and buy them (they have bazillions) for 99 cents each. Much better than $40 for a cartridge I would only use one or two from!

Beth

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that was what a lot of the reviews I was reading where making reference to, but apparently the Cricut Explore doesn't require cartridges any longer. It still has a port for inserting them, but it's moving to more of an online image database similar to the Silhouette.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts