Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We gave in and got Cricket Broadband last week after having dialup for nearly two years. We are really enjoying it. There is one tiny problem. I have found one website that I can't go to. Dairygoatinfo.com. It will not load it. I have put the modem on a different computer and same problem. My husband can get on from work just fine so I know it's not the site.

I called tech suppport and the person I got was less than helpful. It's not the end of the world and it's only one site, but it's really bugging me why I can't get on. Besides, if it comes up again, I would like to know what I can do.

I have tried deleting history and cookies and making changes to the privacy and security settings. Nothing is working.

Anybody delt with this and have any ideas?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Change your DNS server. Cricket most likely does not have them listed in their DNS.

enter this in the internet explorer address bar and let me know if you get to the site 67.15.250.9

·
Voice of Reason
53,222 Posts
What's even easier than that is to just use a free web proxy. Just go to the following page, enter Dairygoatinfo.com in the search box, then click the Surf Now button.

http://searchingfaster.com/

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevada, that worked!

Mike, I tried putting the number in the addy bar but it didn't work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with Cricket Broadband.

I am a Web designer and I just re-pointed my customer's domain to a new host. Everyone else can see the site on the new host it but I see the old site when I'm using Cricket.

Something must be wrong with their DNS servers???

·
Voice of Reason
53,222 Posts
I'm having the same issue with Cricket Broadband.

I am a Web designer and I just re-pointed my customer's domain to a new host. Everyone else can see the site on the new host it but I see the old site when I'm using Cricket.

Something must be wrong with their DNS servers???
Undoubtedly it's a DNS problem. There are a couple of things that go wrong.

First, some ISPs aren't good about updating their DNS servers. It should be done every day shortly after Internic updates, which is at 5:00 am & 5:00 pm local Tulsa time.

The other thing that goes wrong is that there may be one or more caching DNS servers within your ISP's system that have a long TTL (Time To Live) setting. That's a device, usually at a router junction, that remembers DNS lookups for a while. The purpose of a caching DNS server is it take some of the load off the main DNS server. Some caching DNS servers retain bogus data for weeks on end, and tech support people sometimes aren't aware of what they are, where they are, or even if they have them. It can be a maddening problem.

A good way around DNS problems is to use the OpenDNS servers instead if your ISP's DNS servers, at the following locations.

208.67.222.222 (resolver1.opendns.com)
208.67.220.220 (resolver2.opendns.com)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
It can also be a routing problem due to settings on your computer or at the service provider. I once had a problem where I could not get to a certian website. It so happened that the website IP address shared the first number with the IP the ISP gave my computer, and due to the netmask setting being incorrect on my computer, I could not access the site. I would ask the tech support to escalate the ticket or ask if you can speak to one of the engineers. There is something wrong someplace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts