Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm a huge lurker, and love reading about peoples projects. I live on a small subdivision lot and currently raise Jersey Woolys (only 6 holes). In my efforts to make my 10th of an acre as much of a homestead as possible (I currently have a kitchen garden, as many fruit trees I could squeeze in, and 3 chickens) I thought I should get out of the woolys and have a trio of meat rabbits. That way I could raise healthy meat for my family.

I wanted to get a breed from the American Livestock Breed Conservatory, and after doing some research, I think I want Creme d'Argents. Now, here is the problem. I can't find anyone in my area that has Creme d'argents. I found one name from California, and he is not responding to the emails I have sent.

Would anyone have a lead on how to obtain a breeding trio?

Thanks,
Stacie

P.S. I will sell my jersey woolies for cheap to anyone in 4-H. I've called the local 4H rep, and he hasen't called me back either.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Look on the American Rabbit Breeders Association web site. Thats how we found a breeder of NZWs. in our area.

·
Ex-homesteader
1,508 Posts
Stacie, I don't know if there's anyone in California, but you might be able to find someone in a neighboring state. I'd post on the main Creme d'Argent email list at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/cremedargentrabbits and see if anyone turns up. There's also a rabbit club in Washington called the Northwest Rare & Heritage Rabbit Breeders Club (http://www.freewebs.com/nwrhrbc/) that specializes in rare breeds and they may be be able to help you too. :)

Good luck. I love mine. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links rabbitgal. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of breeders on the west coast. I wonder if some rabbitries would be willing to ship.

Stacie

·
Joy
2,569 Posts
Stacie,

I'm in TN and looking for Creme's too. I second the Yahoo! group recommendation as it has a wide audience. I think one of the Rudolphs are in Washington State...

Rabbitgal, are you by chance Verdant Rabbitry? If yes, I've been trying to contact you via e-mail with no success... PM me if you get a chance.

-Joy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts