Creating a website

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by pookshollow, Sep 21, 2006.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I want to get a website up to showcase my art and handcrafted teddy bears - to link to an eBay store. Can I get your opinions on the "free" webhosting sites out there? Preferably ones that have idiotproof web design features. :)

A friend suggested piczo.com but that appears to be geared towards teens. :shrug:

2. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

DH uses Joomla for ours...that is when he takes the time to get it back up and running :)

3. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Try www.freewebs.com They are extremely easy to work with and it looks great! I have my website with them.

4. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I use

www.mychristiansite.com

To do my ministry page. It is very simple and you can have links for Paypal and shopping carts and stuff. It's pretty neat.

Katrina

5. Wendy

Wendy Well-Known Member

I use Yahoo geocities. It was very easy to do.

6. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Thanks all!

Freewebs looks good - I'll have to check it out.

7. popscott

popscott Well-Known Member Supporter

Freewebs the one I've used....They have a good "1st timer" website building tools...but what makes them stand out above the others is the fact you stick their ad somewhere (I put mine on the very bottom) and there is no pop up crap that hits your viewers like a lot of the other free sites....

For simple pages they can't be beat, no popups, they have visit counters, guestbook pages, etc.

Butttttttttttt the downsides are..... they only allow you 50 files, so choose your "teddy bared" pics sparingly, you can only load one file at a time and after downloading several pics it seem the site hangs up ( at least on my pooter).
    :grump:

http://www.freewebs.com/inhishandsdogrescue/
    is a site we keep up for my wife’s dog rescue here on the farm (dial-up users may have to wait awhile until the background music loads)

Thanks,
    Pam and Scott
    http://www.justkiddinfarm.com/