Cream of bean with coconut?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Grandmotherbear, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Found something new in the ethnic aisle and HAD to pick it up but can find nothing for usage- I've searched the Goya website to no avail. The main ingrediants seem to be red beans, coconut milk sweet potaoes and suager, cinnamon and cloves.
    I was thinking of serving it for dessert with cinnamon dumplings? Dinner would be chicken and cheese on ww tortillas w/refried beans... :p I love to play with food. (Double posted to cooking n crafts forum)

2. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting let us know how it turns out...

3. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

It is delish, about the thickness of a fruit nectart-would be a good smoothie for those so inclined.
    However, I had promished GFB a solid food- so I added an egg, a smashed sweet potao, some cream of tartar rice flour and enough Bisquick to make a dougk (also some ginger because it was starting to look pale. )
    The cook, with generous applications of Negro Modela internally, then fried fritters and rolled them in confectioners sugar and cinnamon. Heavenly! :rolleyes: and dinner is chicken on ww tortillas w/Malabar spinach, homegrown yard long beans stir fried with garlic and sauced with peepper jack...I am on my 3rd bottle of negro Modela I love dark beer! And playing with food is such fun when it all comes together!

4. ajaxlucy

ajaxlucy Well-Known Member Supporter

We're having leftovers here. I want to eat at your house! I'd even bring more Negro Modelo. Seriously, it sounds great. But then again, I really like red beans, sweet potatoes, coconut and spices.