Crazy weather!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jackie c, Dec 31, 2004.

1. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

How would you like this. I had a foot and a half of snow on the ground two days a ago. It rained all day and night, above freezing, everything was a messy slush, now its turning cold, everythings freezing, My driveway, the roads everything is a skating rink. My car is frozen shut. Now its snowing! She's gonna be a very treacherous new years eve for those who are willing to venture out in this nasty weather, around here. Glad I stocked up and not going anywhere!!

Anyway, you all have a safe and Happy New Year!!

2. duke3522

duke3522 Well-Known Member

Last Friday at this time we had 8" of snow on the ground and it was 2 above headed for -12 by 1am Christmas morning.

Right now it's a sunny 62 and all the snow is gone.

Just looked at the forcast and they project high's in the 50's through next week.

Pretty strange.

duke

3. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Crazy weather? Tell me about it! Christmas morning it was 8 degrees. Today it's 71. Last week we were having highs in the 20s and an ice storm. Now we're going around in teeshirts (actually, I wore a teeshirt in 65 degree weather the day before the ice storm!).

Less than a week ago my dogs wouldn't walk on the ice that covered the pond. Yesterday one of the dogs caught a frog in the pond and today there are turtles sitting on logs in the pond!

The moths were flying around the porch light last night and we were swatting mosquitos at the barn. Last week the birds couldn't find anything to eat because everything was covered in ice.

It's nutty out there!

4. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Yesterday we hit a record high of 55 degrees for the date. This morning it was 15 degrees when I left the house around 9:30. We have no snow, the tiny dusting we did have all melted.

5. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

It's 73 here right now.

6. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

40 degrees and raining after days at zero and nights below zero. The snow has built up and been rained off twice.
    Oh well, it keeps life interesting.

7. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

Last week we had lows of 8 degrees, today is was a lovely 74. I worked out in my front garden !!! :haha:

Pam In OK

8. desnri

desnri Well-Known Member

Last week, here in East Texas, we had highs in the thirties and forties and lows in the twenties. This week we have lows in the fifties and highs in the sixties and seventies. There's flooding in Arizona?!!! Tornadoes in California. And Tsunamis in East Asia. Sounds like that movie we watched, "The Day After Tomorrow".

9. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Today was different, it was sleeting and raining at times. The sleet at one point was around a quarter inch in size, almost tiny hail. And we had thunder and lighting. It was in the low 20's.