Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its woken me up, darn near blew my house over in one gust! holy Smokes, all heck is breakin' loose outside! :help:

Funny thing is, i normally check the weather radio before bed, thought about it last night but didin't. Just didn't feel like storming weather. HA! it showed me, didn't it? lol

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Where in Indiana are you? I'm in the NE part and got a teeny tiny sprinkle this morning.
karen in NE Indiana

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
The same storm blew through here around midnight. It was mentioned on the 10 o'clock news but I fell asleep during the actual weather report. The wind sure woke me up later though! It rained quite hard here.

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im in the NW part of indiana, smack dab at the edge of the big lake-- after I woke, the wind died down considerabley and it didn't rain too much more.

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we are expecting bad storms through the night again...they say expect to be woken up around 2 or 3 am :rolleyes: I am hopeing it just blows on by...some storms can be quite frightning, especially in a tin castle with no tornado shelter :rolleyes: At least I know ahead of time. The last "strait line wind" that came through here tore my next neighbors to shreds, skipped my house and yard compleatly and tore more homes up....

and though they claim it wasnt a twister...I am still wondering how the wind came down one road and took a 45 degree turn down the county line road and went down that one???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts