Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
$1.99 at Target yesterday, was really hoping they'd be on sale. :shrug:

I did get a couple of Butterball turkeys for $0.89 a pound, figured that was as good as it was going to get. The store brand was $1.19, and Honeysuckle was $1.49. No hams were on sale. I was going to buy apples for a pie, but they were either very small and green or very small and wrinkled, lol...and all at $2.99 a pound! :eek:

I haven't seen many good sales around here in months, so wasn't expecting much, but didn't find ANY. :(

T

·
0 Posts
I cannot shop in Target, they have 30.06 Posted. :-/

Guess I'll pay over-priced at Trader Joe's or Sprout's...

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Last week was the first week I saw cranberries for sale here. Hope they come down in price so we can stock up. They work well at moderating the sweetness of some apple pies.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Cranberry harvest was late here. Mine are just getting ripe. I know the commercial growers are just now into harvest heavy. I feel for you that don't have good fruit, we are right in it here. Apples here are $0.99 a pound in the store, nearly all varieties. I see the sign at the orchard yesterday said $0.49. I just went out yesterday and picked cranberries, just the ripest ones, oh, so good right off the vine. I juiced a quart and will have some whole berry sauce for Thanksgiving. I will be taking the rake to the bushes soon and floating the berries, then skimming. We usually can 60 quarts and barrel the rest for fresh and juicing. The raccoons are testing the wire bad so I had to dispatch a few and they are warming up in the smokehouse....James

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
This is what I found at the local Amish store. A case of 24 bags was $6 or 2 bags/$1
I really looked them over and didn't find any moldy or soft ones. This store has good prices mostly but this was a surprise. I don't know if they fell off the back of a truck, er buggy or what.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW! Sue. I did find them today at Aldi's for $1.19 for 12 oz. Last couple years theirs were Ocean Spray. Not this year. I was pleasantly surprised, to see they were still 12 oz. Hadn't been to Aldi's for a while. Seems like many things had increased in price.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
For once I don't have to feel bad 'cause I have to pay more than the rest of the world. I love the fall when I get to crawl around the muskegs while I daydream and gather cranberries for free.
Ooo my, I wish you could taste these little ruby jewels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts