Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is 85 years old,she has awful cramps in the back of her head and neck.It is so bad it scares her,we have mentioned it to her Dr but he has never said what could cause this nor has he prescribed medication.
Have any of you had an elderly family member with this problem?
I think it could be stress this week,my brothers have had the bathroom torn out completly to remodel for almost 2 weeks.She is trying to do laundry around all the stuff that goes back in there.Its a very small house and getting around is hard on her.She cant see well either.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Could it be migraines? MIL has had some trouble with those. It also could be a reaction to any medications she's taking.

I hope this helps :).

Katrina

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She has had them for years.Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.i will speak to her Dr again,or maybe have him send her to a neurologist.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Definitely sounds like she needs to see a neurologist. After I had surgery for a ruptured disk in my neck I had spasms (might be described as cramps) in my neck. Turned out I had an inflammed nerve in my neck. I've had cortisone shots in my neck twice for it. The spasms are very painful.

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

Cramps are a circulatory condition.

If she has curvature of the spine or a hump, it could be a spinal related problem.

Hopefully it's just a tension headache.

Doctors don't like to mess with 85 year olds unless it's a matter of life or death.

RF

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,815 Posts
Both my best friend and his mom have this. With them, it's a combination of bad posture, stress, and lack of exercise. When it gets bad, the doc prescribes physical therapy, and they get better.

Shoulder stretching, arm circles, pulling shoulder blades back and together and releasing, stretching head up toward ceiling and back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts