Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was just too funny!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/zip/4713417333.html

Look quick because it will probably be removed soon. I did email the people and let them know they didn't find a cat.

"We found a cat near a dumpster on market street in logan. It seems very scared.
Seems to be a male but has no collar.
Not friendly at all. Unfortunately not house broken either.

We made it a bed to make it comfortable until we can find it's owner. If the cat looks familiar or you know who it belongs to please let us know. With winter coming we didn't want to take a chance of it being out in the cold"

I had heard of people making mistakes like this but I always thought it was an urban legend.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I found a family of those types of cat last spring living in one of our buildings, A mother and four young, I managed to catch them and relocate them far away. At least it is very rare for possums to get rabies, body temperature too cool, so these people are probably safe from that.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Thanks for posting that! Its great, poor people thinking they were doing such a nice thing. Hope they didnt get bitten. Too Funny

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
We were buying a pig from a lady. She was having a hard time not laughing while we were talking about the pig, and finally told us her story: Her husband did NOT like her several outside cats. He was trying to feed in the dark and they kept being right in front of his feet, so he kicked one. Umm, turned out to be a skunk, and did what skunks do when someone unexpectedly kicks them instead of providing food. She was so amused that her husband stunk!
Kit

·
Premium Member
25,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to show the post to dh last night but it was gone. Just didn't have the same punch without the photo.

Kit, that story is so funny! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
What was so funny was that it was a snarling possum in front of a box with blankets in it obviously on a linoleum floor. So these people made it a bed in their kitchen or something lol

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm just going to say it, how ignorant do you have to be to think a possum looks like a cat?:runforhills:
I just cannot even imagine how they have never seen a cat to know the difference....:huh:

·
Premium Member
25,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought about sending them an email saying that the state of Ohio was looking for their kidnapped opossum and was glad to discover that the kidnapper was local and if they would just send the hostage out no charges would be filed. Then I thought that was just too mean.

Yeah, photo was a side view of a snarling possum on one of those little round cat beds inside a cardboard box. Possum was wet and looked like they had tried to bathe it. I don't know which would be worse, bathing a possum or a cat.

·
Born in the wrong Century
5,439 Posts
I catch them all the time! though not or pictures...

But seems some one 1 upped the old joke.

Perchance Mr. opossum was napping prior to that photo, after a hearty feast of cat food.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts