craigslist leclerc loom $300

Discussion in 'Fiber Arts' started by cathleenc, Jun 14, 2008.

1. cathleenc

cathleenc Well-Known Member Supporter

2. Marchwind

Marchwind Fiber Arts forum Mod. Supporter

Southwest Michigan by way of the Northwoods of MN
    I think I need a lesson on how to use Craig's List. Every time I look I never find anything but then I'm never sure if I'm searching correctly.

Cathy keep posting you find great treasures. Maybe you want to check out the Minneapolis/St. Paul Craig's List for me?

3. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Shoot, you've made me go check Craig's list for my area. I hadn't even thought of looking for such things here! But there are several big floors looms, and a couple spinning wheels available. Sooner or later there will be exactly what I want. (And I'll know what that is when I see it! :D )

Thanks,
    Meg

4. cathleenc

cathleenc Well-Known Member Supporter

Marchie, the trick, imo, is to look all the time. I've been trying to furnish our house and barn since we left most things in california.... hence I'm on craigslist about 6x a day. Too much.

Use search words instead of looking in categories - I'd search for fiber - or loom - or weaving - or spinning - individual seaches. And call or email that very moment you see something!

I'm hoping to wean myself off craigslist very soon as the house is getting filled and budget is just about emptied. lol.

5. Liese

Liese Namaste

Susan, I just found a site called Craig's helper. So I went there set the region for midwest, the state MN and 2 cities using the left to right arrows, set the sales/ wanted category and arts/crafts as the sub cat. and then the key words "weaving loom" and the StPaul/Minneaoplis list came up with more than 6 entries. Try that out and see if that doesn't help.

6. Marchwind

Liese you tell me this and don't leave me with a link :rolleyes: I'll go and see what I can find now.

Thanks for the tips.

7. Liese

Liese Namaste

see I get back into HT, to the fiber forum, start the note and then realize I didn't copy the link -if I go back out, I start all over. Lazy me!

8. Marchwind

Where did you find the site you are talking about? I went to Craig's list last night and went to their help link but nothing there like you mentioned. I did a few searches and found one table loom but nothing else. I looked in both the Minneapolis and Duluth sites on Craig's list. I find Craig's list to be very frustrating.

9. FalconDance

FalconDance Lanolin Junkie

craigslist is great, especially if you're able to check it often. BUT there are a lot of people there who don't have a clue how to post a listing, what the worth of the item truly is or even how to spell.

I check the same categories every time. Granted, some folks mis-categorize.

Generally speaking, looms, wheels and such will all be in the Collectibles or the Arts & Crafts category. Same with fabric, yarn and fiber. Every now and then someone gets lazy and puts them in General. It's just that such treasure do not come up for sale very often, is all.

10. Marchwind

Falcon thank you for your tip it helped me a lot. I found several looms in Minneapolis. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to contact them I have to run to town :Bawling:

11. Liese

Liese Namaste

Craig's Helper is a separate site - I found it by googling help+ craig's list.

12. barnlooms

barnlooms Well-Known Member

I have several looms for sale in Central NY.
    1) two harness Union Custom Loom
    2) four harness Orco Loom
    3) 2 harness Le Clerc Tissart Tapestry Loom.

All looms can be seen by appt. in Norwich NY 13815.

1) $350
    2) $500
    3) $500

Cash and carry -

Kathryn
    Fossil Creek Farm
    Registered Finnsheep and Clun Forest/ Finn crosses
    Central NY

13. Marchwind

Barnlooms Hi! You may want to either start a new thread for your looms for sale or put it up in the top Sticky of this forum. I'm sure people would be very interested. Maximize your exposure start a new thread

14. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Well-Known Member

Yes, THIS!!

I've always wanted a Union Loom for rag rugs.

Here I am with too many looms in my household and I really haven't gotten the loom bug yet.

I just know that one of these days, my hands and eyesight just won't be what they are now and looms will be my only way to fiber ... so I've been collecting (I think of it as rescuing!) looms and when my day comes, I will decide to keep a few and sell the rest.