craftsman radial arm saw model 113.198110

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Tracy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

Can any one tell me the value of this saw? DH doesnt use it so we are going to sell but cant find much info on this machine? Very clean hardley used.

We have some one coming out to look at it tomorrow and havent a clue what it is worth. I could find lots of listings for 1 1/2 h.p on ebay but not a 2 1/2 hp which is what this is.

Thanks,
    Tracy

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

1. 10" or 12"?

2. 110v or 220v?

Use those as your searches in eBay (but remember shipping has to be factored into those bid prices also). I paid $400 for a used 220v, 12" and saw another sell at an auction for about the same.

3. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

Hi Ken

10 inch 110 volt. I checked ebay but everything listed is 1 1/2 h.p and those are going for around $100.00 most are local pick up only. Found one that was 2.75 hp with a buy it now for $340.00.
    Do you think $325.00 is a fair price? Has stand also.

4. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

To me it sounds quite high. Really comes down to what you are willing to pay.

5. WanderingOak

WanderingOak Well-Known Member

How much did it cost new? If it is clean and in good shape with all of the accesories, wrenches, manuals, etc, offer it for 75% of retail. If the buyer is in the trade, he will know how much the saw is worth and see it as a bargain. Then again, he could be looking to sell it himself, in which case, that would probably be too high. If that's the case, just tell him that the price is negotiable and see if you can come to an agreement.

6. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

I agree it all comes down to what someone is willing to give for an item, I was tickled when my wife picked up a radial for me for $40.00 on a stand with casters under it and some accessories to go with it.... but a week earlier i picked one up for free cause the fella did not have room for it so it was out in an unused chicken coop....... both are 10 inch saws and are both about 30 years old... but they work like new and if i had to buy them again i probably wouldnt pay over $100 plus going to get them..... which doesnt mean that they wouldnt be worth more to someone else.... shoot most people dont know how to use them for anything other than cutting off the end of a board.

William

7. Old Jack

Old Jack Truth Seeker

I tried to sell an older Craftsman radial --10" --110, don't know HP, for $25 bucks.
    I tried for about 4 weeks than just gave it away.