Craftsman - Husqvarna Riding Mowers

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by How Do I, Jul 14, 2017.

1. How Do I

How Do I Well-Known Member

I was at Lowes yesterday and checked out the Husqvarna riding mowers sitting out front. I cracked the hood and found the exact same setup that's on my Craftsman rider. Only difference I could see right off was 2HP. Same seat mechanism. Same gas tank. Same body panel except for the hood. Same pedals. 4" deck difference. Hour meter included on Husqvarna. I'm sure there are more. I heard Husqvarna was making Craftsman now. Is that right? The only complaint I have is the seat on mine is sliding after 4 mowings. Hoping I can get that fixed through warranty. The plastic on the seat is ate up already from that seat lever popping out of the groove.

2. hunter63

hunter63 Well-Known Member

Not sure but the is no Craftsman factory....everything is made under contract.
    Vera Pak drills saws were sold as Craftsman but all made by Black and Decker
    Chain saws made by Poulan .....

Will depend on year and model....and the lowest bidder....which account for a lower HP and a few detail missing.

I have a Husqvarna, so far good machine...only 120 hrs on it.
    Bought it from a lawn and garden center...with a OEM service dept.

Don't like the fact the Sears, Menards, Lowes, etc doesn't as far as I know....so you are kinda screwed unless you are good at repair and finding parts.

One way you can an idea....is look up attachments...
    Example....42" snow blade....fits 20?? Husqvarna, Craftsman, Yard Machine.....etc.

How Do I likes this.

3. sammyd

sammyd Well-Known Member

We bought a Craftsman a couple of years ago. Have been pretty satisfied with it. Blew one of the arbors in the deck the first summer when I found a car part on the property we bought next door, but it was replaced under warranty. Called Sears and they sent out a guy in a Sears van. He was fresh out of the part but checked out the mower and put in the order for a new part and gave me a new belt as well. Had the part delivered and I put it in.

hunter63 and How Do I like this.
  4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Husqvarna lawn mowers are manufactured in the United States at Husqvarna Consumer Outdoor Products N.A., Inc. factories in Orangeburg, South Carolina and McRae, Georgia.

Different models made by different companies for now.

Craftsman Riding Mowers: The R1000 is made by MTD.

Who Makes Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractors?

Craftsman T1000, T1400, T1600 series: MTD, there are three Lawn Tractors for 2014

Who Makes Sears Craftsman Yard Tractors?

Craftsman T2000 Series, T3000 Series with Turn Tight: Husqvarna (These mowers are still made in the same plant that used to be owned by AYP (Amercian Yard Products) and Electrolux. Husqvarna is now the world’s largest Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacture)

:D Al

How Do I and hunter63 like this.
  5. jeeper55

jeeper55 Well-Known Member

The Husqvarna 20 years ago were the real deal, bought a new one 2 years ago and it is junk capared to the old ones. i would also just bet our local dealer are selling seconds for retail price. i have bought my last one. next one will be a john Deere from the dealer for not as much money as u would think. not the Lowes JD but they carry them to.

hunter63 and How Do I like this.
  6. sawman65

sawman65 Well-Known Member

Husqvarna, Poulan, and most Craftsman are made by the same company. A.Y.P. american yard prouducts

7. hunter63

hunter63 Well-Known Member

That is
    great...
    Sears trucks around here work on appliances not yard equipment...and are contracted.

BTW our Sears store is closing......

8. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Used to be built by AYP but are no longer in business and Electrolux.

Today Husqvarna is now the world’s largest Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacture.

:D Al