Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyrone have a website for making grapevine balls or snowmen made from warm & natural cotton batting?

I've googled both, but can't find nice ones.

Thank you!!
Tammy

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
I don't have a good online link either. Most of what I know is from a friend that used to make these. She first tried balloons filled with water and frozen as her base form, but they still weren't big enough. Then she used a child sized play ball as the base form and had better luck, but it was still difficult to deflate the ball and remove it. So then, she started cutting the vines earlier in the year and forming them into shapes she wanted while they were still pliable and sorta clothespin clipped them to stay that way while they dried. I haven't kept in touch with her since she moved, but last I knew she was pretty happy with the early cutting/drying method.

·
Katie
19,970 Posts
I never made grapevine balls but I have made snowmen using batting. For the body use what ever size tin can & cover with the batting, use batting & make a ball or cover a syrofoam ball & then I even used batting making the hat's(can make them different depending on boy or girl snowman). I used different ribbon to trim the hats, a muffler for the girl, pom pom's for buttons, nose, etc. I at that time could find striped pipe cleaners to make candy canes for them to hold & even used the batting for scarves & trimed the ends with ribbon I glued on.
I hope I explained it well I'm not always good with giving directions plainly I don't think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts