Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you sell at craft fairs what in dollars do you consider a good day. How about farmers markets?

Thanks , Patty

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Craft fairs depend on how much I pay to set up. I did one this weekend. It was outside. I didn't pay anything to set up & made about $80. Not a lot, but it wasn't very crowded because of the heat. Most people stay in their AC when it is 97 degrees out! :D If I get my money back on set up I am usually OK. It gets my product out there. I have another coming up in 2 weeks. It's a 4 day event & my 3rd year there. I usually do well there. I have many repeat buyers from years before.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
My friend and I did a craft fair over the weekend and brought in $1500.00 together. That's much better than the $32.00 we brought in at a church craft show a few months back! I consider it a waste of my time if I don't bring in at least $75.00 an hour.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
The only craft fair I've done was a small church one and I did about $100 in 3 hours in soap. Many of the people that bought my soap came for just that. I also sold some other crafts (I sold out on some purses I made in the 1st 15 minutes) so didn't do too bad. There were so few people that came that some of the crafters didn't sell anything.

I'm considering doing our local town's craft fair this fall as I've checked it out the last two years and they have had no soapmakers. I've been to some craft fairs that had so many soapmakers that I don't think many made a good profit.

Dawn

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I stopped doing craft fairs - too much hassle with set up & tear down. My back just can't take it any more!

Farmer's Market - we have an 'open all year round, indoor' market. In the dead of winter, I'm lucky to make $10, in the summer and around Christmas, it can be $150 or so.

If we lived in an area with a higher population, I'm sure the sales would also be much higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts