• Yes, and I live near St. Louis.

• Yes, But I don't live near St. Louis

• No, I do not support this project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husbands church is called Faith Roundup. Its a church more for the homesteader, cowboy, farmer, every day Joe, you get the idea. Its actually listed as a cowboy church and meets in rotation at members barns or the local auction house. He is a legally ordained non-denominational minister with a letter of good standing and has been for several years. He has done many a funeral and wedding. God has given us so much joy and we are wanting to once again get this project off the ground. We don't care if your rich, poor, fat, skinny, black, white or green for that matter. It is supposed to be a service where you can show up in the days work clothes and fit worship into the homesteaders busy schedule just like back in the old days. I just want to know if there anyone in the area still interested in getting together with us to do this in a nice stress free environment that is willing to share their input and make it a community experience. Thanks for listening, I will step off my soapbox now. :soap:

·
Registered
1 Posts
We attend a Cowboy Church in Lafayette, Georgia. We love it! We hold services in a barn each Sunday much like you do. We usually have around 500 in attendance each Sunday. You can check the church out at www.cowboychurchoflafayettega.org. It doesn't matter who you are, what you wear, or how much money is in your pocket, we're all just there to serve the Lord and praise His name!

Kirstie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kirstie,

I am glad to hear there are others like that. We really enjoy it though the most we have had at one time so far is 20 or so but hey we just started. But yes its the right concept. Church shouldn't be about how much money you can make off the congregation or subtle politics or who's right and wrong it should be about helping each other, equality and of course praise and worship! right on! Thanks for the comment.

·
Trainer of kids, dogs and horses...fears nothing
8,598 Posts
We currently attend a cowboy church in our local sale barn every Sunday evening.
Evening, because it's after chores. Attire is going-to-town clothes, but not dressy. Hats are usually worn during the service, but removed during prayer, of course.
Our pastor's name is Duke. A retired bull-rider. ;)

We're a pretty small bunch, though. And almost everyone actually is a rancher/cowboy.
Only around 30-50 on any given week. We really like it, though.
I feel closer to the Lord in that sale barn than I do in the small Methodist church we also attend, most Sunday mornings.

·
Livin Life and Lovin it!
942 Posts
Kirstie, i sent to a PM, i live in Calhoun and i would love to find a down to earth non-judgemental church of GOD, i know if such exists my son and other family members would come.....need more info..when where time.....thank you Bev

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those interested, our meetings here in Missouri are usually in the Desoto area. We would like to work with our members on the times so that all work and chores can be accomplished and out of the way before services. Last year we did late morning (10ish) and evening (7ish) services at least 2 times per week. Sundays and Wednesdays. We have even been known to have barbq's and pot luck dinners at the evening services from time to time. Unfortunately we had moved and so are starting fresh here with fewer members so times will really revolve around the members. We feel this is all our fathers house and we should all be involved in when we worship if at all possible and all feel at home where we do worship. Its not always about the number of people we bring to God... Our father should be proud of us for the way we do it as well and at least with this more open and relaxed atmosphere we fell everyone can feel welcome and move at their own comfort level. Hope this helps answer your questions. Once I get things together a bit more the website will be back up with the exact times. We don't meet in chilly weather right now but once spring gets here we will begin again. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts