Cow Tipping

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by landlord, Oct 21, 2004.

1. landlord

landlord Well-Known Member

Ok ok, unusual thread, but what exactly is cow tipping? :confused: Or do I not want to know? I do know what out house tipping is, but not personally. :)

2. opus

opus Well-Known Member

Heh......sneak up on a standing cow (best in the dark) and heave ho!

3. herefordman

herefordman Well-Known Member

I would like to see somebdy try this with any of my cattle, this is more fiction than fact me thinks :)

4. MARYDVM

MARYDVM Well-Known Member

There is an urban legend that says cows can't lie down to sleep (yeah right) so you can sneak up on them while they are sleeping standing up and push them over. You will even hear from the occasional idiot that claims to have done this. I have "tipped" cows to get them on their backs for DA surgery. You start with a tranquilizer, and a long rope wrapped around the abdomen to pull them down while pressing on nerve points. Anyone who tries to pull the feet out from under an unrestrained cow with their bare hands is in for a memorable experience.

5. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

Tip the cow and kill the calf in side :waa:

6. herefordman

herefordman Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks they can tip over a 1500 Lb cow without waking it up, needs to grow a brain.
    Or better yet come around at baling time, somebody who can do that may come in handy for throwing bales!!

7. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Generally, I get pretty ticked when teenagers come onto the cow board at Bolt and joke about tipping cows. It is possible though. My father flipped one of our Jersey dairy cows onto her back once. She was misbehaving and all other actions were not working so he caught her at just the right moment in her rock and he was able to flip her over. She wasn't a problem after that. ;)
    The problem is if they were actually able to knock a cow over and she landed wrong she could end up with a twisted stomach which is ugly.