Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, could a calf grow up being friends with a mini horse if they are put together when the calf is about 2 months old? I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I dont see why not. Depends on the personality of the mini. You never know till you try.

We had a milk cow that lived with our donkeys. At night we separated them into pastures so she could eat the straight alfalfa.

Edited to add I am always mixing and matching animals. A pig with goats, pony with pigs and goat. Many animals are really quite adaptable, depends on personality.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,911 Posts
It could work. We kept a steer with an old gelding one summer while the cows/calves were away for breeding season. They weren't buddy/buddy but they hung out in the same vicinity and kept each other company.

Reactions: TheDunSpunk

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a picture some where of my horned Hereford herd bull sleeping right next to a pony with both of them putting their heads on the other...:D. I never used to grain my Hereford bull so he stayed with that pony every winter for a few years. They were great friends and not even raised together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts