Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
22,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They fired unvaccinated staff and are now having staffing issues. Their answer is to allow workers who test positive for COVID to work. It is insane logic. If I were in the hospital and worried about COVID, I would prefer an unvaxxed person with no symptoms rather than someone who was vaxxed but tested positive.

Rhode Island Allows Use of COVID-Positive Healthcare Workers (breitbart.com)

·
zone 5 - riverfrontage
7,037 Posts
It is all about politics, there is no science or logic at all.

I know four people who have COVID, all four of them are vaccinated.

Does anyone know of anyone who has the COVID but who is NOT vaccinated?

Our newspapers are filled with articles about the current 'surge' but they make no mention of what percentage of these cases are fully vaccinated.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
It is all about politics, there is no science or logic at all.

Our newspapers are filled with articles about the current 'surge' but they make no mention of what percentage of these cases are fully vaccinated.
I have known a few.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
43,262 Posts
My sister and brother in law ARE blind, and they are smarter than the hospital administrators who made those decision.

People who aren't used to being around blind people sometimes say things that don't sit well with me. This morning, someone asked me if my sister knows ASL. (American Sign Language)

·
Registered
22,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know several with covid currently and it's about 50-50 vaxed and not.
Probably accurate. The vaccine does not prevent anyone from catching the virus. I saw Whoopi Goldberg has been vaxxed and boosted but she was absolutely surprised that she is now in quarantine with COVID. You would think someone like her on a tv show discussing things like this would be more informed.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
My sister and brother in law ARE blind, and they are smarter than the hospital administrators who made those decision.

People who aren't used to being around blind people sometimes say things that don't sit well with me. This morning, someone asked me if my sister knows ASL. (American Sign Language)
Not the kind of blind that I meant.

Am I in Twitter hell now?

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
43,262 Posts
No, it's just that I am currently sitting in her new assisted living apartment, trying to help her get some projects done. My frustration level is high. Sorry. We both come from a very literal upbringing, and word choice was a THING in our childhood home.

She didn't apply for Medicare when she retired, and now, it's necessary. The offices are all closed due to the fear factor. The websites are useless for her with her computer that reads what's on the screen out loud. I brought my laptop to work on, and we have discovered that the SocSec website doesn't know who she is or where she lives.

She has been trying to get a duplicate birth certificate, and that's turned into a mess, too.

The woman who should be helping in the office at the assisted living center just quit.

They also "lost" a shirt that I had just given her in their laundry system. We went looking in the laundry room ourselves, and I found it stuck in a cabinet.

Thank you for reading my rant.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
No, it's just that I am currently sitting in her new assisted living apartment, trying to help her get some projects done. My frustration level is high. Sorry. We both come from a very literal upbringing, and word choice was a THING in our childhood home.

She didn't apply for Medicare when she retired, and now, it's necessary. The offices are all closed due to the fear factor. The websites are useless for her with her computer that reads what's on the screen out loud. I brought my laptop to work on, and we have discovered that the SocSec website doesn't know who she is or where she lives.

She has been trying to get a duplicate birth certificate, and that's turned into a mess, too.

The woman who should be helping in the office at the assisted living center just quit.

They also "lost" a shirt that I had just given her in their laundry system. We went looking in the laundry room ourselves, and I found it stuck in a cabinet.

Thank you for reading my rant.

That really sucks. Even in the best of times it's like pulling teeth to get SS benefits done. I can't even imagine what it would be like right now.

That's something else most of us probably haven't thought of. Just imagine how many people the just 2 years this had affected. Hope I gets better and God bless you both.

·
Realist
2,986 Posts

3 of the 11 people on this road, all living in the same house, chose to not get vaccinated, not because they thought they were informed, but because they just didn't know there was such a thing as covid. the other 8 are all fully vaxxed.
Those 3 died, all within a week. The momma was first, she was older than me. The son next, he had had a couple of strokes. The cousin/caretaker was under 40, and pretty healthy looking.
3 of the remaining 8 on this road are severely overweight. Plus one who spent over a year in the hospital and/or nursing home, they were positive she was going to die, but survived. Lost a hundred pounds, Came out of the hospital just in time for the epidemic, you can bet your bippy that, because of her previous health problems, she was in the first batch in this county to get the vaccination. 1 of them is a CNA in a nursing home. Not sure if there have been problems in the nursing home, they're pretty tight about that kind of info around here. Heck, the drugstore where the pharmacists were having a field day with the opiates closed with a dozen DEA people swarming around, and not one word in any paper or online about it.
So, I know 3 unvaxxed who got it on this road. And my cousin, late 50's government employee, healthy, unvaxxed, also died of covid.
No doubt I know others, from when I was working, but I never read the obits.

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
I was just talking with a customer in Kansas we were comparing symptoms , we both tested negative for covid but was about the sickest we have been in years. nearly identical symptoms both had other people in the house positive for covid with much less for symptoms

both of us vaxed they had even just recently boosted

you can absolutely get it vaxed and pass it vaxed so why would making a special class of vaxed people who can go anywhere and do anything even work with knowns symptoms while at the same time requiring unvaxed to test weekly and stay out of work for longer , what other reason could their be but to create division and compliance to a mandate and acceptance of government edict. it certainly isn't about stopping the spread.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

Prior to omicron I only know of one vaccinated person who got infected. And that was a week before omicron came out, and they were travelling Europe- to hard to say. They got a mild case.
Since omicron, everyone is getting it No matter status.

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
even months ago breakthrough cases as they called them were getting very common here. we get a report monthly from the county health department , first of November I thought to ask the county health worker when they presented the monthly update what breakthrough cases looked like since you hadn't heard of any from the media. it was getting to be a lot of their cases.

now Vax might make symptoms less sever but that doesn't reduce the spread , if anything it would increase the spread since people just feel a little run down nothing like the deadly plague they have been warned about.

my wife only thought to get tested the week of Christmas because it had been going around her work and she didn't want to be the one who brought it to Christmas and got grandma's in their 80s and 90s sick. if she had not gotten tested , would have kept going to work every day.

·
Registered
695 Posts
All 27 people with covid in my hospital today, including the 18 who are on ventilatory support and the 6 covid positive in the ICU.

We literally have no covid positive vaccinated patients in the hospital.

Meanwhile I'm off work with covid despite vaccinated, and feel like hell.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts