Homesteading Forum banner
461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
That's extremely troubling, since there is already too much hesitancy surrounding this vaccine. It's possible for a contamination issue to derail the entire vaccine program.

The initial (Salk) polio vaccine rollout was completely derailed because a vaccine producer accidently sent out a batch of vaccine that hadn't been unattenuated. The result was that people who got the contaminated vaccine were, in fact, injected with live polio virus. In other words, some vaccine recipients were given the very same virus that they were getting vaccinated to avoid.

It should be noted that the government wasn't involved in acquiring or distributing the Salk vaccine.

The initial 1955 program was to vaccinate first and second graders at school. While I was 5 at the time and wouldn't enter first grade until the following year, I got the vaccine anyway. But I can still remember the hype about the vaccine. TV ads promoted the vaccine, and in 1956 Elvis famously received his Salk vaccine shot during a live broadcast of the Ed Sullivan Show.

View attachment 98266

But despite TV ads and celebrity endorsements the entire vaccine rollout came to a halt following news of the bad vaccine batch. The public had lost confidence in the vaccine. Nobody wanted it. It wouldn't be until 1963 when the Sabin vaccine became available that mass vaccinations would resume. Until then Americans would rather take their chances with catching polio than take the vaccine. Besides, similar to covid, polio presented itself to most people as a case of the flu. Polio victims only rarely ended up in an iron lung.

That may be part of why I don't like hearing unproven allegations against the covis vaccines. I know how easily a vaccine rollout can be derailed.

“It should be noted that the government wasn't involved in acquiring or distributing the Salk vaccine.”

The government was not the problem then. The government giving complete and total immunity on the COVID vaccine providers is my number one concern now. Otherwise I would probably be happy to take the shot.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
No person entering a US land border needs to be tested whether they are legal or not. It is not the elephant in the room you keep saying it is. Until everyone crossing the land borders ( including Americans) must be tested or vaccinated then it does not matter if illegals are not tested.
Then testing has not been needed and is not needed anywhere in this country

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
And more than 600,000 Americans died on covid over the past year. That beats any of the causes you listed.

But it's not just about the numbers. If it was then the 3000 who died on 9/11 would be insignificant. But I think all of us agree that 9/11 was a big deal.
That’s is a number that may have died with COVID symptoms. We already know the story about actual causes, additional complications, and the carefully manipulated counting.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Why does that make any difference? People that cross the border every day with no testing. They come in on boats as well. Does every person booked into jail get tested? I doubt it. Illegal activity is not a requirement here in the US for forced testing.
Seems Canada has a better control over those entering.

Getting tested to enter Canada
Pre-entry test requirements
All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. You don't require a test to fly within Canada.

There are no exemptions to pre-entry testing for fully vaccinated travellers.

If you're driving to land border crossing, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city
All travellers must:

• provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test
  • keep proof of your test results for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,857 Posts
Seems they do.

I personally think everyone crossing a border should be tested or vaccinated if their health allows it. Illegal or legal but I don't see how you can enforce one if you don't enforce it for every single person.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Seems they do.

I personally think everyone crossing a border should be tested or vaccinated if their health allows it. Illegal or legal but I don't see how you can enforce one if you don't enforce it for every single person.
Because they are illegal, personally I would prefer the illegals would be deported immediately. :)

·
Realist
2,840 Posts
I know one thing, I got the vaccine and exactly 20 days later I turned 70. So, clearly the vaccine causes premature aging, after all, just use common sense: I was 69 when I got the vaccine. Now, I'm 70 and there's nothing anybody anywhere can do to fix it!!!
This is actual, real scientific evidence, not just idle speculation. Facts, FACTS!!!!!

461 - 479 of 479 Posts