Homesteading Forum banner

341 - 360 of 386 Posts

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
Nevada, you are spot on. Sadly, we live in a society that cannot understand basic math and science. Covid has made many sick, killed many, destroyed careers, messed up our social interactions. But for some reason I do not fathom people would rather believe strange conspiracy theories and junk science and fight the people telling them the truth about the virus than they would fight the virus.

Here is where we are right now in our country: while millions around the world die and would crawl on hot cinders and ground glass for a shot, Americans brag about standing for their freedom and refuse the shot.

I doubt it is political. Biden got the shot, and says everyone should. Trump got the shot and says everyone should.

I personally believe it more sinister: people are so spoiled they are holding their breaths and having a collective hissy fit instead of just fighting the danged virus.

So people will continue to get sick and die. Some will be the one's who refuse the shot. Others will be those who took the shot but got breakthrough cases because of the high rate of infection in some areas. Others will be the immunocompromised, the cancer patients, the ones who are not as strong. And the "my rights my freedom" crowd will not give a flying fig who died because they exercised their rights.

Character is showing. Someday they will stand before their Maker, and explain their love of rebellion against helping their fellow human beings and their stubborn refusal to "put on the lifejacket."

So be it. Darwin awards in the offing. The rest of us get the shot, continue to mask when around people if we do not know their vaccine status for their safety, avoid the venues that are more likely to be where the virus spreads, and get on with life. Restaurants and bars will continue to lose money. Stores will close when surges occur. Shortages will continue, wood will continue to be expensive, etc.

It could be prevented. It should be prevented. But hey, we proved we are free people, right??
Character is showing.

Yours is quite clear.

Remember, you, too, will stand before Almighty God one day. I'd recommend being a bit more concerned about your status with Him, than the state of the souls of others.

Statements like yours are the actual reason Matthew 7:1 says, "Judge not, lest you also be judged." You don't get to decide who is right in God's sight. You don't get to tell those of us who believe in freedom that God is going to condemn us because we didn't line up to be part of a huge medical experiment.

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 · (Edited)
I doubt it is political. Biden got the shot, and says everyone should. Trump got the shot and says everyone should.
I don't know. I don't see political gain one way or another, but it does seem that vaccine hesitancy is more common with republicans. It could be that they have been conditioned to believing conspiracy theories the past few years.

One thing's for sure,, there's no point in arguing with someone who refuses to believe facts. It's like trying to nail jello to the wall.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
As I've posted before the largest groups not taking the vaccine are the minorities in particular the black population.

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't know.I don't see political gain one way or another, but it does seem that vaccine hesitancy is more common with republicans. It could be that they have been conditioned to believing conspiracy theories the past few years.

One thing's for sure,, there's no point in arguing with someone who refuses to believe facts. It's like trying to nail jello to the wall.

“One thing's for sure,, there's no point in arguing with someone who refuses to believe facts. It's like trying to nail jello to the wall.”

On that I agree with you.

·
Voice of Reason
52,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
As I've posted before the largest groups not taking the vaccine are the minorities in particular the black population.
I've read that minorities are more likely to decline the vaccine because they think there might be a hidden fee.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
I've read that minorities are more likely to decline the vaccine because they think there might be a hidden fee.
No, the reason is history. Government medical experiments in the past on minority subjects.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,193 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,193 Posts
Tuskegee Experiment: The Infamous Syphilis Study
In order to track the disease’s full progression, researchers provided no effective care as the study's African American participants experienced severe health problems including blindness, mental impairment—or death.

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
And now, Fed Gov has found a way to use a cross-section of the entire country for their medical experiments.

How woke of them.

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
The virtue signaling pro-vaccine folks might consider toning down their rhetoric.
They can't. They're Following the Leader, and are drunk on sanctimonious feelings, swimming in self-righteousness. Their concern is not the health of others, but their own actions that put them in good social standing.

Pity those who actually do research, and make decisions based on fact: the new Juden.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
They can't. They're Following the Leader, and are drunk on sanctimonious feelings, swimming in self-righteousness. Their concern is not the health of others, but their own actions that put them in good social standing
Their leader just did an interview where the topic of his contradictions, false statements to the public, backdoor funding of verboten research, aannnnnddd his emails came up.

His response?
"Attacks against me are really also attacks against science."

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Unfortunately, the interviewer was one of his syncophants so the reaction was a lot of sympathetic head nodding and consoling hand patting rather than the more deserved amazed pushback at the self-important audacity that was displayed by his words

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
Their leader just did an interview where the topic of his contradictions, false statements to the public, backdoor funding of verboten research, aannnnnddd his emails came up.

His response?
"Attacks against me are really also attacks against science."

Reactions: no really

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
Unfortunately, the interviewer was one of his syncophants so the reaction was a lot of sympathetic head nodding and consoling hand patting rather than the more deserved amazed pushback at the self-important audacity that was displayed by his words
I "liked" your post to acknowledge that you said what should have happened, not to affirm the sycophants' attempts to gain favor with our modern-day Caligulas. (or is the plural "caligulae"?)

Reactions: sharkerbaby

·
Saltine American
6,783 Posts
Worldwide 480 million are fully vaccinated, that's 6.2% of the world population. The US is at 142 million or about 1/3 of the total.
I haven't taken it and doubt I will.
U can sort the data by clicking the column on the right.

341 - 360 of 386 Posts